Forums

Help › Forums

***The Andyson Memorial Matchplay 2017***

Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:56 PM (325 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 7:09 AM

txzdave:
    but oddly enough found myself at Pinehurst with a bowl haircut.

Dave,

Are you sure it was Pinehurst and not Pyongyang? Did you wake up with one of the official 15 haircuts and look like this (lmao) -

MC

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 7:18 AM

Man......

Dennis is good.

~

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 10:30 AM

PaulTon:
    FIRST TO POST, GETS THE SPOT.

Brothers an' sisters, can I get a witness ? Say it with me , my brethren , " We, the disciples of Dennis, do hereby solemnly swear to carry on in the appropriate fashion, as set forth in his teachings. And, shall apply at any cost, whatever wit , humor, irreverence, or sense of the absurd that we may possess to all WGT related matters, and, the forums in particular, so help me golf. Amen. "

Doc :)

• HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 11:12 AM

amateur4sure:
    Folks please remember what this event is all about.. If you are in it then play it, Otherwise make way for Somebody who does want to play and Would thoroughly enjoy it..

I'm one of the delinquents. I was to look to see when SKRIETZ was online at the weekend to get a game on, but never saw him lit up. I've now messaged him to say when I'm free this week.

Apols, 

Gary.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:27 PM

drmoose:
    " We, the disciples of Dennis, do hereby solemnly swear to carry on in the appropriate fashion, as set forth in his teachings. And, shall apply at any cost, whatever wit , humor, or sense of the absurd that we may possess to all WGT related matters, and, the forums in particular, so help me golf. Amen. "

Amen brother!

MC

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 1:49 PM

txzdave:

onekeano smoked txzdave in a most Gentlemanly fashion.

I believe it was 10 up on the first tee and txzdave fought valiantly back to 3 down on the 6th. Onekeano missed a 45 foot quadruple breaker on the 12th as I holed out from 439 yards with a punch from Chambers first tee box. Despite driver putting prowess, the fringe tricked me into hitting one hundred and fifty feet past the hole to the 10th at Congressional. I tried to play smart from that point, but oddly enough found myself at Pinehurst with a bowl haircut.

After toying with my opponent...........

couldnt have said it better myself

dave

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 2:39 PM

mrcaddie:
    Amen brother!

Suhweet , MC, motion has been proposed, an' seconded, I hereby submit, with the approval of PT ( of course ) that we proceed forthwith to get things rollin' an' hopefully holein', ASAP. I am completely ready to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, in honor of my friend.

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 2:39 PM

drmoose:
    can I get a witness ? Say it with me , my brethren , " We, the disciples of Dennis, do hereby solemnly swear to carry on in the appropriate fashion, as set forth in his teachings. And, shall apply at any cost, whatever wit , humor, irreverence, or sense of the absurd that we may possess to all WGT related matters, and, the forums in particular, so help me golf. Amen. "

Amen brother Doc , 

FYI all ,, Team Yancy and OPY working on a time to go live fore the cricket bar challange . Stay with us now .

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2017 2:16 AM

lonniescott711:
    Thats a bunch of crock .They have been playing everyday

This is often the case with matchplay split over different time zones.....just because both players may have played daily, it does not mean they played at the same time.....or even close to it.

Pretty much I can play evenings only (when only serious US night owls are around lol), so playing matchplay can sometimes mean I am restricted to playing weekends only......which if I am playing anyone outside of Aus/NZ or Asia, means only Sunday (due to time zones - or Saturday US/UK)  if the other player can also only play weekends - miss the time slot and it is another week!

It is one reason I sometimes skip CC vs CC comps and similar as I know the effort to get the match in can be too difficult.

I think most players try to get the games in, especially in the Memorial.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2017 3:48 AM

mrcaddie:

drmoose:
    " We, the disciples of Dennis, do hereby solemnly swear to carry on in the appropriate fashion, as set forth in his teachings. And, shall apply at any cost, whatever wit , humor, or sense of the absurd that we may possess to all WGT related matters, and, the forums in particular, so help me golf. Amen. "

Amen brother!

MC

I'll add another Amen! Doc is waiting to unleash these bad boys on someone....

RSS