Help › Forums

DON'T JOIN THIS CLUB (UNLESS)

Tue, Jul 30 2019 5:41 AM (45 replies)
  • tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 2:44 PM

Picture               Picture                   Picture

Picture

Here are 10 very good reasons NOT to join The Las Vegas Knights Country Club.

1. If you don't like a small club with only 30 members where all the tournaments are always free to enter.

2. If you don't care that the club has a great website that explains everything you could possible want to know about the club, the membership and the entire 2017/2018 tournament schedule.

3. If you don't want to actually know every member of the club and play with them on a  regular basis.

4. If you don't enjoy a club that has a 80% to 90% completion rate for most of the club's tournaments.

5. If you don't like a handicap system that gives every member a fair chance to win any event regardless of you skill level.

6. If you don't like winning free prizes.

7. If you don't like playing numerous team events as well as club vs. club match play events.

8. If you don't like playing in a Ryder Cup format.

9. If your only interest in joining a club is the free putter pal/shot pal

10. If you don't want to improve your game by playing stroke play.

If none of the above interests you, we are looking for  new members from Europe Canada and The United States.

You should consider completing the contact us on our website, sending me a friend request or by posting on my wall.

The link to our website show below.

http://lasvegasknightscountryclub.weebly.com

Picture

• Xcaliber17
    119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2017 3:25 PM

Xcellent post

• 54david
    242 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 1:04 AM

whats wrong with Australia

• MontegoMag
    1,746 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 11:36 AM

You forgot to mention if you like to pay  WGT to play in clashes and daily bonuses. 

I am a member of this great club and I love not having to worry about playing clashes and using my daily pass. There is no pressure to accumulate points or spend lots of money on passes for the glory and prestige of winning clashes.

No pressure...just laid back fun. 

Come join us...

Moe

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 7:22 AM

Well, what can I say? I've been a member of this club for several years and it's the best WGT home I've ever had, by far.

Great people in the club, supportive and funny. There isn't anyone in it I don't enjoy hanging out online with. 

We have an excellent season of competitions each year with the membership split into two teams. Plenty of opportunity for personal glory with a robust handicap system in place and a good mix of competitions for variety. 

The Ryder Cup format is every two years so it also ran in 2016, and if anyone is interested in looking at what the season looked like (and will look like again in 2018) here is a link to an online version of our spreadsheet for last year: LVK CC 2016 Ryder Cup Season. You can click on any underlined text to navigate around as there are hyperlinks all through it, and the website that Tux posted a link to (above) is a fantastic resource for more information about the club and all its competitions.

In between Ryder Cup years we have a club season where the teams are split into opposing camps of Black Knights and White Knights for a glorious medieval slugfest in pursuit of the Holy Grail. You can take a look at the current season's format by clicking here: LVK CC 2017 Holy Grail Season.

We're a small club, and deliberately so. We don't want to be a club with 100+ members, 30 of which you never get to meet or interact with. We're competitive and have a good record in CC vs CC matches, but we don't do the Clashes. 

All we really ask of any member is to take part as much as possible, both in the competitions and to interact in the club forum. Both of those activities are fun, and this game at this club is all about that. No pressure to use your passes, just be here, have fun and hang out with an excellent bunch of people.

Oh, and Tux is a truly wonderful owner/administrator/steward/friend who puts a lot of front end and background work in to make sure everyone enjoys being in the club. And he didn't even pay me to say that....

Nigel.

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 8:55 AM

tuxedo2:

If none of the above interests you, we are looking for  new members from Europe Canada and The United States.

That's the United Kingdom out then ! ! !

Voted leave.

lol

Willie

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2017 8:35 PM

Good point Willie.... Brits are more than welcome !!!LOL

WillieSinkit:

tuxedo2:

That's the United Kingdom out then ! ! !

Voted leave.

lol

Willie

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 2:11 AM

I'm a member of LVK for a year now.  Truly an absolutely great small club.

Extremely nice members (competitive and fun), a very nice season of competition and events, well lead by Tux and Nigel ...  can't ask for more.

Check out the sites Tuxedo and Wutpa mentioned and  - welcome to LVK

cheers

Abe

• AudacityGirl
    139 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 3:42 AM

Sounds good :-)

Just 1 question....do u accept lower tiers like myself for membership?

Karina

• AudacityGirl
    139 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2017 3:46 AM

Oh dear,

Seems my question was irrelevant ...looks like u dont accept girls, lol

Karina

RSS