Charlottesville

Tue, Aug 29 2017 3:35 PM (190 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 4:53 PM

drmoose:

drmoose:

@ Jim , here's an example.

Times are tough and you're down to your last sleeve of balls (1). You hit the lottery and decide to splurge buying ten more sleeves from the pro shop( +10) I challenge you to a match play game where the loser agrees to double the winners inventory of balls (x2). You, of course being the better player, win. Do I pay you 21 sleeves or, 22 ?

Doc, 

In your statement, it's implied that the buyer by buying them, is adding 10 sleeves to his bag, which already contains 1 sleeve.  This is the first action, the equivalent of which would be expressing it mathematically as putting it in (  ) like this:   (1+10), which + 11.  These are now in the bag.  After this, you then challenge him to the match for 2X the winners inventory of balls.  Which is written as:  11*2.  11 *2 = 22.  When you lost you owed 22 sleeves.  Since you didn't pay them all, you will also owe me 8 sleeves as attorneys fees for my collection efforts.   36.4% contingency fee.   Nike L61's please.

Thanks,

Jeff   :-)

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 4:54 PM

Been watchin this thread from the start .

Reformed thing  !

But  , half  ( 1/2 ) to chime in .

If 1/2 of the threads were Hijacked in a good manner  talking about the # o chickens and Xplorables ,,,   what would the number of " Happy Campers "  be ?

OPY 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 4:55 PM

phred952:
     Since you didn't pay them all, you will also owe me 8 sleeves as attorneys fees for my collection efforts

LMAO. You da man, P.  ;-)

Image result for judge Judy

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 4:58 PM

YankeeJim:

phred952:
    The original premise is that they each paid $10 for the room, for a total of $30.  But , if the room cost $25.00, then   $25.00 / 3 is $8.331/3, not $8.00.  So $8.331/3  +  $1.00 refunded is $9.331/3 each.  $9.331/3 * 3 = $28.00.  $28.00 + $2.00 the clerk kept =$30.00.  The original amount paid.  No missing money.

The expected response but it fails because there were no coins involved.  ;-)

2 answers to that:

1) Coins are worthless at WGT, we all know that.  

2)  By this logic, if you buy your lunch and pay in whole dollars, you are not entitled to any coins in your change, as you didn't pay with them in the first place.

:-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:01 PM

Like I said, it's the semantics of the set-up that attempts to fook with the math.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:16 PM

opyeuclid:

Been watchin this thread from the start .

Reformed thing  !

But  , half  ( 1/2 ) to chime in .

If 1/2 of the threads were Hijacked in a good manner  talking about the # o chickens and Xplorables ,,,   what would the number of " Happy Campers "  be ?

OPY 

I think Buzz Lightyear had the answer:  "To infinity and beyond".

Sorry, no image, as I couldn't get one to post.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:18 PM

mkg335:

Like I said, it's the semantics of the set-up that attempts to fook with the math.

Exactly!!  You get an A for the day, a gold star, and 1 sleeve of the balls once I collect my fee.    :-)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:22 PM

Joe,

Re your comment of :  "Oh, Jeff & YJ, your gonna have to rely on some other "sucker" for your SS checks to be fulfilled today. I'm home doing the brakes on my truck".

No worries on my part, as I remember what  P.T Barnum said about those types.  After you finish the truck, go ahead and take the rest of the day off.  

Jeff  :-)

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 6:14 PM

phred952:
    go ahead and take the rest of the day off.  

Jeff, my best friend used to say that all the time. Spooky, he died 2 months ago, but nice of you to allow it :-)

I'm done with em, TY. P.T. was a visionary fleece artist, if ever there was, a wiz, there was.... and yes there are uncountable numbers of his favorite folks...

Somebody say something about a 6 pack & a Buzz? I'm on it

let me help a brother out

Miss Barbie is sportin some pretty nice wrap arounds there. Who does that stuff???

mkg, call me Joe if you wish, I forget, or don't know your name, as so many are cross answering in here, LMAO

Nice to formally know you

mkg335:

gonfission, your latest riddle works if spoken, not so much when it's text only...and that's all I have to say, er type about that.

;-)

You're spot on with the answer, you have to say it to yourself over & over, until you have an epiphany

Which you obviously had. Let it run a while longer, lol

That was not the mind bender, that was intermission... Well done

Edit: alosso's numbers will be put up tomorrow morning...

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 6:20 PM

Joe, very cool...I didn't want to give too much away, so mum's the word.

Looking forward to the mind bender, though in my case a mind straightener might be more apropos.

Mark

RSS