Forums

Help › Forums

proper bandon dunes course

Tue, Aug 29 2017 9:41 AM (7 replies)
  • itsthetodman
    161 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2017 8:30 PM

instead of the bandon dunes which is all par 3s why cant we have the proper bandon dunes which is a 18 hole course which is not just all par 3s http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/golf-courses/bandon-dunes

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2017 9:04 PM

The (three?) proper Bandon courses all are too short for WGT.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Aug 2 2017 12:55 AM

itsthetodman:

instead of the bandon dunes which is all par 3s why cant we have the proper bandon dunes which is a 18 hole course which is not just all par 3s http://www.bandondunesgolf.com/golf/golf-courses/bandon-dunes

Because the par 3 mix up is all that the ownership of Bandon Dunes offered WGT. So it was a Best of Par 3 or nothing.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 9:46 PM

borntobesting:
    So it was a Best of Par 3 or nothing.

Nothing would have sufficed IMO. I have never played it, never seen it....never will.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2017 11:32 PM

alanti:

borntobesting:
    So it was a Best of Par 3 or nothing.

Nothing would have sufficed IMO. I have never played it, never seen it....never will.

Then you are really missing something. With high winds and the many elevation changes it is one of the most difficult courses  we have.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2017 12:39 AM

It has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with playing golf - I would never play a par 3 course in real golf (I did once and was like I had not played - I felt robbed and deflated) so I refuse to play the par 3 courses on here, regardless of how challenging they may be.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:19 PM

I never play the par three courses either (WGT or in real golf).

There are some good courses at Brandon Dunes but the WGT model is just the US Open courses and I don't think these will ever get picked to host an Open.   PGA yes but they just don't fit into the Open mode, especially after the last two courses Chambers Bay and Erin Hills which were a failure in terms of hosting an Open.

If I remember correctly, the US is going back to traditional courses for the next 10 years or so, Shinnecock Hills, Winged Foot, Pinehurst, Pebble Beach, etc. which means we will get some nice courses, I just wish they would add an agreement with the PGA as well so we can get some of those courses.

• dancingdennis
    1,341 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 9:41 AM

Alanti you are missing on some fun golf  if you never playing a real golf par 3 round. I live in Canada so 6 months is all we get outdoors. Late in the fall our men's night changes the course to par 3 so we can play in less then 2 hrs before it gets dark. The owner does not just shorten the course he completely changes the look entirely, tee off from women tee on on one hole to the green on another hole as an example, he measured the exact distance & puts it on the scorecard. It's a lot of fun and allows members to keep playing for another 30 days together. If you love golf, try playing outside your comfort zone, your zone just might get bigger maybe, maybe not.   I drive for work sometimes up to 2 hrs from my home & try to play every country course their is and that's about 170. I have even run across some oil / sand green courses & artificial turf green course in my travels. And it's still golf, you still have to hit that ball into that cup- it's still fun

RSS