Forums

Help › Forums

The Music Thread

Mon, Oct 30 2023 9:19 AM (1,790 replies)
  • SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 6:30 AM

A lot of good music out there.  But right now I'm really feeling this band:  

Coheed & Cambria

TEN SPEED

But if thats too hard core. This is one of my all time, lay back and relax  tracks...  David Gilmour  "Raise My Rent"

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 8:43 AM

here's Puffy...she's a talented guitarist.

tbe

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 9:40 AM

Well Satch is a geetar god,but tell me you do not weep when you hear Eric Johnson...

http://youtu.be/VnqpOFcBiMM

Geddon

Lizzie xx

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 10:32 AM
  • sdorr
    650 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 10:36 AM

I do not know how to post links to songs, but for what it's worth the LEFT OVERTURE album by KANSAS is one of my favorites.

Favorite tracts: What's on my mind, The Wall, and Carry On my Wayward Son.

Thanks and have a nice day.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 11:45 AM

With you right there Sdorr!

There'll be peace when you are done,

But also (you really got me goin' now) hb some of dissss... http://youtu.be/rKbk_dQ8Mhg

Lizzie xx

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 12:48 PM

Great stuff here, great groups old and new.. fantastic guitar players mentioned (+5 for the Gilmour reference!) and some really great videos.

But I woke up melancholy today...  and remembered what happened when two of my favorite musicians get together... not at the same time, mind you, but still one of the most powerful performances of all time.

I am, of course, referring to Trent Reznor and Johnny Cash...

If you can watch this and not be moved to tears then I have no hope for your soul.

None.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 1:14 PM

On to something a bit lighter....  (Or, as our very favorite comedy troupe "Monty Python's Flying Circus" would say... "And now for something completely different!")

TRIVIA TIME!

Which musician is not only one of the 10 greatest guitar players ever, who builds all of his own guitars, but also has a PhD in Astrophysics?!

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 1:29 PM

HERES SOMETHING BETTER !!! ROFLMAO

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2011 2:06 PM
RSS