Forums

Help › Forums

The Music Thread

Mon, Oct 30 2023 9:19 AM (1,790 replies)
  • Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 12:48 AM

Time to class this joint up.  ;-)

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 10:24 PM

John Lennon discussing his plans for a comeback album in early 1980 while listening to Burnin':

"In fact, if they really wanted the right sound, they should go to Jamaica! Go to the same studio that Bob Marley used! Get down with the Rasta men and smoke ganja in big spliffs or hash in chillums. Then they could get that deep-down, super funky, bass-box sound that comes from Trenchtown. You couldn't get that sound in New York. No way."

• TigerLuvsBush
    491 Posts
    Sat, Jul 25 2015 7:35 AM

forgot how to post vids.. but if you can listen.. best white fella on the didge ive seen

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 7:26 PM

"Trouble Every Day"

• Admiral79
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 2:42 PM

I saw Mumford & Sons last month in concert, they rocked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRgJZFpoBxg

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:24 AM

Huge progressive house and trance fan here, so allow me to take this party underground for a while.

For all videos, set to 720P, crank to 11, and break out the glow sticks.

Here's a few of my many current favs:

A classic, enchanting vocals and a great melody.

A brand new find for me.  Not generally a Tiesto fan, but this song drives the melody pretty hard and the drops are decent.

Another great song.  I love this softer vocal stuff when you combine it with high energy, high impact melodies.

I know this style of music is new territory for many of you, so to improve your electronic listening experience you should make an effort to hear everything, and play it loud.  Listen to the foreground, the background, the sweeps, the fills, especially during the buildups and drops.  Some of the coolest sounds you'll ever hear.

I'm listening to this kind of stuff whenever I'm playing WGT, driving, working or generally existing on the planet.  Love, love, love it.   I used to be a pretty hardcore hard rock guy (still a big Lacuna Coil/10 Years fan, among others), but female-fronted electronic music has always been my passion.  I even produced, though not professionally, my own full-length techno/trance album in 2004 (Paul Oakenfold was pretty big then, and he was a big inspiration), but I believe only five or six people have ever heard it. =)

Enjoy!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 5:18 PM

"nothin' sounds quite like an 808" ~Beastie Boys

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 9:10 PM

classin it up another notch

• rollone
    769 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 9:15 PM