Forums

Help › Forums

Invisible Tree on Bethpage Black #1

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 14 2009 11:51 PM (7 replies)
  • shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:26 PM

WGT look at my saved replay dated 9-13-09 and tell me where that tree was that I hit on my second shot.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

P.S. I tried to send you a bug report while in the game but it just sat there saying "sending bug report" for about three minutes, so I gave up on doing it that way.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 2:56 PM

Shortstop...I looked at both the #1 and #2 views.  It does appear with the #1 view that you have hit an invisible tree.  However, #2 view appears to show the ball hitting a tree...HBThree

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 3:56 PM

That's pretty funny. I don't see a tree near that in either view.

I have always said the trees here are hungry.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:00 PM

I have to agree with hbthree, first view looks a little fishy, however upon lookin at second view it looks as though you did hit a tree.

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:19 PM
    I don't know. I have looked at both views over and over. the first view difinately shows no tree. The second one looks close, but to me not close enough to knock the ball straight down. Thanks people for looking at it. I keep scratching my head every time I see it.
  • scoresby
    158 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:53 PM

Since so many of us have hit that same branch, there must be one there.

However, I did submit a bug report on it some time ago.

There are indeed mysteries on these courses.

Cheers,

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 10:01 PM

Hi Shortstop,

#1 rule on this hole.

Keep your drive left center  in the fairway, and as long as you can get it. Stray to the right hand side and that "tree" will get ya.

Cheers Doug

• shortstop
    2,259 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 11:51 PM

That is some excellent advice Doug, will have to try to stay away from the right side....lol  Yeah, after that shot I realized it was better to be on the other side of the fairway.   Thanks

RSS