Forums

Help › Forums

Jeff's New WGT CC vs CC Interplay format

Thu, Dec 21 2017 9:21 AM (65 replies)
  • mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2017 10:47 AM

All,  

A very successful November in the CC vs. CC tourney.  TCDJ and Indian Red played all 9 of their matches, while Upton Manor and Valley of the Sun played 7 of 9.  Solid!  

Before finalzing the November results and set up the December matchups, we need more info on the Live and Let Golf vs. GWTOO matchup.  According to the spreadsheet, 8 of the 9 matches resulted in forfeit wins for L&LG, which is a very high number that far exceeds what we've seen in any prior month.  I'm not saying it's the wrong result, but a little due dilligence is in order given the number of matches (and points) involved.  Could someone from L&LG reply to this thread and walk us through what efforts were made to contact GWTOO to schedule and play each match?  As a reminder, here is how we've thought about forfeits in prior months:

Each week, teams must police themselves and each other in order to assess forfeits, because it's difficult to determine whose "fault" it was that a match wasn't played.  If Team A was making a good-faith effort to set up a match and was unable to reach Team B, then Team A should be awarded the win.  However, if both teams made a good-faith effort and the timing just didn't work (or if neither team attempted to set up the match), then both teams will be awarded a loss and earn 0 points for the forfeited match.

At present, any match that wasn't played in July has been scored as a loss for both teams involved (in other words, your club was awarded 0 points for the two matches you didn't play).  Think of this outcome (both teams get 0 points) as the default outcome for an unplayed match.  In the event that a match went unplayed because one team was trying hard to make it happen and couldn't get a response from the other team, let me know and I will manually adjust the standings page to account for the change. 

• mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Sat, Dec 2 2017 7:27 PM

All,

So, I was just informed that GWTOO left the league last month, which is the reason for all the forfeits.  As such, the forfeits will stand and L&LG will keep their points for November.

Moving forward, we now only have 5 teams in the league, which means one team will have a bye each month.  To keep things fair, each team on a monthly bye for the first time will receive 9 forfeit wins.  This will ensure that each team will benefit equally from GWTOO's departure.  

I will update the standings and matchups later this weekend, so please check the league spreadsheet on Sunday evening or Monday morning to see who everyone is scheduled to play for the month.  I'll also post an update to this forum once the matchups are set.

Thanks,

Jeff

• mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 4:14 PM

All,

The league spreadsheet has been updated.  The standings are current through November, and the December matchups are set.  This month, it's Upton Manor's turn for a bye, so they have already won all 9 matches by forfeit and earned a full 30 points.  The league schedule has also been updated through April 2018 (the end of the regular season), and I've ensured that each team plays every other team twice.  Note that Live & Let Golf has another bye in March, but they will not receive forfeit wins during this bye because they already received them last month.  In this way, everyone will benefit from their bye equally and the winning team will be crowned based on their play, not on a scheduling quirk.

If you have any questions, let me know.  If not, click on the link below to view the December matchups.  Good luck to all!

Jeff

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0IkHLklGxD69z6m4T2kcC_5GAdroTkJR9-HZSCeTsE/edit?usp=sharing

• mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Sun, Dec 3 2017 7:01 PM

All,

I was just informed that Live & Let Golf is no longer interested in participating in the league.  With four teams left, I think it's worth putting things to a vote: is there interest in continuing the league with TCDJ, VOTS, Upton Manor, and Indian Red, or shall we fold up?  I'm willing to update the spreadsheet schedule again and keep things moving logistically, but only if there's shared interest among all clubs.  Otherwise, it's just not worth the time/effort.

So, can someone from each club please respond to this thread in the next 48 hours with a go/no-go vote on continuing with the league?  If a club does not respond in the next 48 hours, I'll assume they are not interested in continuing.

Thanks,

Jeff

• mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Sat, Dec 9 2017 2:04 PM

All,

Given the lack of response / interest in the league, I think we'll need to fold up.  Thanks to all for the fun matches these last few months.

Jeff

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Sun, Dec 10 2017 9:41 AM

Upton Manor here - just spotted this thread!

Shame that LALG also pulled out.....

We'd be happy to continue - so long as each of the 4 remaining play each other twice.

But I quite understand if you want to pack it in - given all the hassle.

I'll subscribe to this thread to hear any further news.

Ryja (Neil)

RSS