Forums

Help › Forums

Jeff's New WGT CC vs CC Interplay format

Thu, Dec 21 2017 9:21 AM (65 replies)
  • mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:29 PM

Paul,

Good question.  Each week, teams must police themselves and each other in order to assess forfeits, because it's difficult to determine whose "fault" it was that a match wasn't played.  If Team A was making a good-faith effort to set up a match and was unable to reach Team B, then Team A should be awarded the win.  However, if both teams made a good-faith effort and the timing just didn't work (or if neither team attempted to set up the match), then both teams will be awarded a loss and earn 0 points for the forfeited match.

At present, any match that wasn't played in July has been scored as a loss for both teams involved (in other words, your club was awarded 0 points for the two matches you didn't play).  Think of this outcome (both teams get 0 points) as the default outcome for an unplayed match.  In the event that a match went unplayed because one team was trying hard to make it happen and couldn't get a response from the other team, let me know and I will manually adjust the standings page to account for the change. 

Does that work for you?

Thanks,

Jeff

• mngoose33
    579 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2017 9:54 AM

Thanks, Paul.  So let me summarize the proposal from Valley of the Sun re: unplayed matches in July:

• Match Play:  Valley of the Sun player reached out to Live and Let Golf player, but received no response.

• Alt Shot 1:  Both teams made good-faith efforts to set up the match, but were unable to find a time that worked for everyone.

• Alt Shot 2: Match was played, but Valley of the Sun used a substitute player that was not originally signed up for the tournament.  

If the above is accurate, I would argue the outcomes should be as follows:

• Match Play: Valley of the Sun wins, Live and Let Golf loses (i.e., 3 points to VotS)
    • Alt Shot 1: Both teams take the loss (i.e., no points awarded)
    • Alt Shot 2: Whoever won the match should receive the win and 4 points.

If a representative from Live and Let Golf wants to weigh in, that would be helpful.  Otherwise, pending Mark's agreement, I would propose we update the scores based on the suggestion above.  

Also, just so I'm clear about everything, has the outcome of the Alt Shot 2 match (the one with CrazyCarla9) already been entered into the spreadsheet?  I can't recall.

Thanks,

Jeff

• DufferJohn7
    3,561 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2017 2:12 PM

DufferJohn7 (VOTSCC) vs amoffsky (Upton Manor) St andrews Back 9 match play.

DufferJohn7 1 up

Great back and forth match coming down to the last putt.  Great fun1

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

RSS