Forums

Help › Forums

Getting better without spending real cash

Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:34 AM (23 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:43 PM

If nothing else, someone has a need to do fact checking. Now if you could use that need to check   on all of the things the world's outspoken politicians and business leaders have said..............Maybe,just maybe,  the world could be a better place.

However ...........

• BrosvsCuz
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2020 2:45 PM

I'm playing on a Kindle Fire. On the WGT home page bottom left corner where it says free credits it doesn't give me the option to watch videos to get credit points.

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Mon, Aug 17 2020 7:00 PM

@brosvscuz,i have same issue(also kindle fire 2017 edition). I know other players that have the same tablet and they get free credits. Yet when i contact c/s i get different explanations mostly that my tablets old software is the cause. Yet like i said i know players with the exact same kindle that have no problem getting free credits!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 7:44 AM

BOZskills:
    Yet like i said i know players with the exact same kindle that have no problem getting free credits

I thought I read somewhere that it required a patch or extra download to enable those on that device.  You might check with AussieMick or some other heavy mobile playing clubs that may know more precisely.  Sorry I can't be more helpful than that... but I believe there is an extra step involved.

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 12:16 PM

@el3n1,thanks e,i appreciate the response. That's more than i 've gotten from c/s in the five times i've contacted them. What's annoying is i used to get for about the first six months i played,then after an update poof,they were gone. Thx,again e i'll check out your suggestion.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2020 2:35 PM

BrosvsCuz:

I'm playing on a Kindle Fire. On the WGT home page bottom left corner where it says free credits it doesn't give me the option to watch videos to get credit points.

BOZskills:

@brosvscuz,i have same issue(also kindle fire 2017 edition). I know other players that have the same tablet and they get free credits. Yet when i contact c/s i get different explanations mostly that my tablets old software is the cause. Yet like i said i know players with the exact same kindle that have no problem getting free credits!

The credit option is available on my kindle fire hd 8 and 10, but not on my 7s

• NickolasMagos
    33 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2020 6:15 AM

You have to spend both time and money, but mostly time imo.  Good clubs help to some degree but unless you really know what you are doing, the improvement will be minimal.  I tend to suffer with my short game, chipping and putting on tournament greens.  Usually dont put enough break on my putts or miscalculate the power needed.  With chipping, unless you study the green contour carefully the ball can go 45 degrees away from the hole and leave a long putt to save par.

With better clubs you simply give yourself better opportunities to make birdie by getting on the green in regulation with long par 4s and keeping the ball on the green with adequate spin.  The top clubs also allow people to reach moderate length par 5s with two strokes instead of three, giving the opportunity for eagle.

• Flatearth777
    267 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2020 4:50 PM

All you need a long 282 yard driver. I am beating up legends with starter ball and starter iron in match play.

• TimK560
    45 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2020 2:02 PM

It doesn't matter what tier you are. Anybody can beat anybody. Especially in a three hole match. 

Clubs and balls help but you certianly don't suddenly become better once your a legend. You need to work on it daily. 

I went from Tour Master to Legend and I suddenly didn't have ot all figured out. Not by a long shot. 

As a matter of fact, I got worse for a bit. Being only a level 92 I still can't get the longer driver but I moved back to the back tees. It took me a bit to learn how to deal with that. 

RSS