Sun, Jul 9 2017 1:50 PM

www.xtcabandonware.com/

many games using the dosbox emulator

JN signature was my fav golf from xtc

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2017 5:08 PM

Give Warthunder a go. 

Free to play.  You can invest a few $$$ to advance faster -but you can do just fine without spending a cent.

Good for stress relief (shoot, bomb, crash).  Lotsa ANZ players on it too - including moi (same Nick).

• BaronSaturday
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 5:24 AM

Did you have any luck with your search, OP? I have a very same issue right now and I don't know how to deal with it. This game is perfect, but I want to try something new. I've even changed the entire genre, and now I play Overwatch from time to time. Not so long I've bought Overwatch boosting, because I wasn't good enough in PVP. Now I have one of the best characters on the server. But, this is not the thing. I want something new with the golf. A new game or a big update on this one.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 10:58 AM

goldeena:
    A bit like that old PS1 game Myst.

NOW THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!!!... I used just love spending way to much time on that island all alone!!!! 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 12:49 PM

JDGHOST:
    NOW THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!!!... I used just love spending way to much time on that island all alone!!!! 

Agreed.  If you're still into it, check out realMyst:  Masterpiece Edition on Steam.  Same storyline / ages, but the graphics have been completely updated for modern computers.  I played it last year and absolutely loved it.

• aichapman
    1,313 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 2:35 PM

BaronSaturday:

Did you have any luck with your search, OP? I have a very same issue right now and I don't know how to deal with it. This game is perfect, but I want to try something new. I've even changed the entire genre, and now I play Overwatch from time to time. Not so long I've bought Overwatch boosting, because I wasn't good enough in PVP. Now I have one of the best characters on the server. But, this is not the thing. I want something new with the golf. A new game or a big update on this one.

Sadly no luck with a " golf game " but I have been trialling the non Flash Steam version but unfortunately it wants more money from me with gimmicky purchases ( I have spent well over $10.000.00 since joining in 2012  this "Free Game")  and  it is taking me some time to come to terms with the navigation tools for the new version.

The great news for me is that I have found plenty of other games in Steam which gives me some diversity and fun for this old fellow. 

For example I spent around A$ 60.00 and bought a game  called Two Point Hospital and have spent over 1000 hours playing and enjoying the laughs and frustrations of this building type of simulation, plus other great games to keep me amused.

There is a new PGA Golf game coming out in August this year I think and will check that out further down the track

I still enjoy this game but not sure what will happen in 2021

Cheers and Regards Alan

• aichapman
    1,313 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 2:50 PM

SamSpayed:

JDGHOST:

Agreed.  If you're still into it, check out realMyst:  Masterpiece Edition on Steam.  Same storyline / ages, but the graphics have been completely updated for modern computers.  I played it last year and absolutely loved it.

Thanks, will check it out 

Al

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 3:11 PM

create acc at steam and you choose here from thousands games by genre or by ppl reviews and you can alse check review from ppl by positive and negaitve... its great, stable abd safe platform for games. 

• 6lennn
    17 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 5:59 PM

So this ones a bit left field but its one Ive had a ton of fun on

Crossout   its on steam or via their website

Its a free to play game, basically MadMax style PVP where you build the vehicle with parts you earn in game and battle to the death

Each match only lasts a couple of minutes so its easy to get in and out quick

Although its free to play you'll likely want to spend some cash if it hooks you, at least it is not pay to win. Its definitely skill based and half the fun is building the vehicles.

glhf

• PAGES
RSS