Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeit a game

Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:50 AM (23 replies)
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 8:29 AM
    Random games give you random partners. Make friends with those that complete games but not with those who quit. A large friends list means more trustworthy people to play with and the need to play fewer random games.
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 11:12 AM
    You also have to remember that it's not always that person's fault. Clearly, in certain situations it obviously is, but the times I lose in MP, overwhelmingly it is because my internet beat me, not my opponent. That has to be taken into consideration.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 6:59 PM
    MichaelStroke:
    You also have to remember that it's not always that person's fault. Clearly, in certain situations it obviously is, but the times I lose in MP, overwhelmingly it is because my internet beat me, not my opponent. That has to be taken into consideration.
    I agree Mike, and the reason why I don't play multi Player games is just that. I went a long time with slow Internet. So I understand
  • Titulescu
    244 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 3:45 AM

It seems to be a British thing, I am always wary when playing British players, pro and below.

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2017 6:32 AM
    This morning i was playing a round with 2 random gents..having a good round going..and boom lights went out due to power outage. I said the Osht word... turn pc back on router started loading again..but took 5 min to get back.so I forfeited game,, .Im sure those guys where wondering WTH happened.. Moral of the story.. Crap Happens..
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 6 2017 6:25 AM
    Yeah, things do happen in life and WGT is not on the priority list. I very rarely ever play multi player games because of it. It's not always the players fault as you just pointed out
  • KENNY2534
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 2:10 PM

i agree with you..... I'm new to this whole golfing program..  my question:  if a player forfeits his game should i continue playing the game and complete it... does it hurt my stats or help them ?       Or should i end the game completely when ;my opponent forfeits?   

i appreciate your time.... ty 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 11:14 AM

KENNY2534:

i agree with you..... I'm new to this whole golfing program..  my question:  if a player forfeits his game should i continue playing the game and complete it... does it hurt my stats or help them ?       Or should i end the game completely when ;my opponent forfeits?   

i appreciate your time.... ty 

Go ahead and finish the round if for no other reason that it gets you closer to saturation Also if you quit it could hurt your completion rate, 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 6:22 PM

Not to justify when people quit. Some may have a good reason (lol). But let the other player finish the game and get the XP points. As for the other player ( let the baby quit)

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 7:00 AM

In AS the game is over.  If it is stroke play, you should finish round to get the xp points for completed round.

There are quitters in this game.

However, a lot of glitches happen for connection issues (no fault of player) or emergencies.  Generally, on latter, they will explain before they quit.  Real life is more important.

I have told WGT that 1:50 is too short a limit to reconnect for players with older computers, but I have been ignored on that.

RSS