Forums

Help › Forums

Nine easiest holes on WGT

Tue, Nov 29 2022 6:33 PM (21 replies)
  • kudlaczs
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jun 21 2017 3:00 PM

I want to design a course for my country club and need some feedback on with the nine easiest holes would be to design my course with. What do you guys think? 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:43 PM

Real tees or red tees?

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 4:27 PM

I think it's a cop out.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 5:02 PM

kudlaczs:
    nine easiest holes

Try your local mini-golf.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 7:24 PM

Maybe try a forum SEARCH for phrases like:

'made an eagle on'

and you may discover several holes that correlate to being possible 'easy' holes, then even more so are probable birdie holes. You get the idea.

Have fun...I'd like to know how it turns out.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:14 PM

Well, at least he's honest about what his club stands for. From the message on his club page:

"I designed my country club to have fun. I also design a lot of intra-club tournaments in order for members to keep their averages down and move up in levels".

This just might be a great marketing ploy for his club, designed to entice those looking to spoon feed their averages.

In that spirit, may I suggest Merion #5.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:21 PM

K7JBQ:
    This just might be a great marketing ploy for his club, designed to entice those looking to spoon feed their averages.

Possibly. But custom courses don't affect averages, so I don't see what the big deal is.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 8:25 PM

kudlaczs:
     I want to design a course for my country club and need some feedback on with the nine easiest holes would be to design my course with. What do you guys think? 

Use the forum search feature, and you'll get threads with a lot of suggestions. Just search "easiest holes" or "easy holes."

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Jun 22 2017 9:42 PM

Absolutely correct, but it still could be a marketing ploy aimed at those looking for an "easy" club. And if so, quite a clever one.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 2:53 AM

Robert1893:

K7JBQ:

Possibly. But custom courses don't affect averages, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Sandbagging taken to a new level. His players can go up in levels and get  the  best clubs and stay well below the tier they should be in..

RSS