Forums

Help › Forums

Complaints, begging and hurry up!

Thu, May 5 2022 2:26 PM (27 replies)
  • CubNicklaus
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 7:54 AM

In the past two weeks I've experienced some pretty crazy players. It started out when I was matched against an amateur who started raging about me taking too much time. I would set up my shot - go through my normal routine and if it took more than 15 seconds he'd start bellowing about how slow I was. He started on hole 2 and by the 4th hole he was volcanic. The punchline to this is he 'threatened' to withdraw. He said if I didn't hurry up, the 5th hole would be the last one. I was 'lol'ing' at him and he made good on his 'threat.'

Secondly, I played a guy last week where I birdied the first hole and he bogeyed. He messaged me that he wanted me to withdraw because I was so good. I ignored him and for the rest of the match he went on to purposely take the maximum strokes for each hole. His final score was +37.

Finally, last night I was hustling to win some serious coinage on the leaderboard so I played as many rounds as I could to finish out the week. My last game was against a guy who immediately complained that he was overmatched and that WGT was ***, he had no chance and I was just another Master with a pretty bag. (he was level 75, Tour Pro) After all that, he started begging, yes begging me to withdraw so that he could get on the leaderboard. He said 'I bet you have a lot of coins you don't need, how 'bout helping a brother out?' He would message me about 3-4 times a hole about how he seriously needed the coins. I ignored him for the entire game until the end where he called me an ***. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 9:11 AM

Play have fun and continue to kick their butts . This goes with the game and you will be subject to it everytime you play against others you dont know . You can take a screen shot of all derogatory remarks made to you and seen them to C/S , WGT will handle the rest . You have the right to play and not be disrespected and the rest just ignore . So play well have fun and dont let it get you down .

• CubNicklaus
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 9:16 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it - I pretty much agree about just having fun.  I honestly don't understand the people who immediately start complaining when they are matched against someone who is on a higher level than they are, or have better clubs etc. Why play if you're in such misery?

I did note their names and I have screenshots - particularly the guy who took 10+ strokes a hole. 

• mailman53
    219 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 9:21 AM

I wish I had thought to take a screen shot as per your advice.  Just finished a match play round with a player who started the match informing me how ugly I was and continued on with slurs like "faggot" and "cracker".  I didn't engage him cuz it's not my style, but really put a damper on the game.  Thanks for the advice, will use it next time.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 10:31 AM

I've also gone through all those 3 types of losers. That is one of the reasons why I never go into "PLAY NOW" matchplays except for TURF WAR moments for CC contribution. Boy, I detest TURF WAR thing along with CC events! They're just plain stupid!

As Scott said, simply ignore them and play your game based on your routine.

Keep it on the short grass, man.

• CubNicklaus
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 11:08 AM

Yeah, I pretty much ignore them and just have fun. I admit I was getting pretty aggravated with the dude who was trying to hit the maximum amount of strokes, but then it started to get really funny because he was being really creative on hitting out of bounds, into the traps and driving backwards. All because he was trying to wear me down where I would withdraw. LOL.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 3:56 PM

When I meet jagaloons like that, I just start typing the theme to "Gilligan's Island"

Just sit right back, and you'll here a tale, a tale of a fateful trip....

After 3 -4 holes of that theme, and you want to die horribly, just to avoid any more of it.

Green Acres, is a keeper too

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:11 PM

The good news is, as you continue to tier & level up, the children have increasingly less to say. Of course, you will still encounter the occasional a-hole who's gonna talk chit & then the choice is yours. I actually find it quite an interesting form of banter that usually ends with the stomping of virtual feet, and, the offending party departing rather quickly ( especially in a 4 player game where they can really exhibit their ignorance, lol ). As has been said, enjoy the game for what it is and take the rest in stride, barring , of course those who really need to be reported, as there is no place here for that type.

Doc :)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:53 PM

Alot of them do this looking for an easy win . They talk trash and get disrespectful , hoping that the other player gets mad and quits . Thats the whole ploy of their game . They figure they cant beat you and if they quit it hurts their status rating . So get the other player mad enough to quit. So again in the future take a screen shot and report them to C/S and they will handle them from there .

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 10:10 AM

That's why I do match play.  You're capped at one potential A-hole per round of play.

At the lower tiers, get used to it.  When you play the higher tiers, it's less prevalent - but don't think for a minute that it doesn't exist.  I can tell you some tour legends and champions who are absolute whiners and poor losers.

RSS