Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Newspaper Idea

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:41 PM (4 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:13 PM

Hi everybody, I was thinking of starting a WGT newspaper. Even though I will be kind of busy, this would be simple enough to do and I think it would be very interesting. There could be articles on recent tournaments and even community tournaments, and interviews with some of the top players. There can also be advertisements for those who want to advertise their tournament or whatever. Maybe there can even be tournaments sponsored by the newspaper or tournaments created by the newspaper, as well as, possibly, matches between top players with live coverage, as suggested recently, by one person playing in the match and typing updates on the Meet & Greet section of the WGT Ladders site. I think this would be a really cool idea and it would be interesting for everyone around WGT. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have fun virtual golfing.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:19 PM

It has the potential to be terribly good or terribly bad, depending on you really.  Then it's left to see if the community embraces it and if you can work some sort of tie in with WGT, such as getting them to include your articles (or a link to) in their news section.

If it's done right, yeah, could be a good idea.  Knock yourself out.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:43 PM

I guess I could give it a test run and see what happens. I just hope that it doesn't end up being merely something that clogs up a forum. The first time there won't be any interviews or very many quotes but I'll give it my best shot for now. If I get some positive feedback I can try to expand a little more by doing a few interviews and stuff but I'll take it slow and make it as interesting as I can.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:54 PM

Great Idea!

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 5:41 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Sounds like it takes a lot of dedication, hope you can do it.

RSS