Forums

Help › Forums

Intentionally raising average

Thu, May 11 2023 9:19 AM (42 replies)
  • CMitchell22425
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 8 2023 4:44 AM

I don't understand how this blatant cheating can continue, and how WGT let' this run RAMPANT.

Just played a 9 hole tournament (that I left early, because I was getting CRUSHED) against a guy with an 89.8 average, vs my 72 avg.

His iron set, Driver, 3 wood, putter etc were all lvl 81+, vs my clubs which are half that level.

I played off the closer tees, but his drives STILL went min 20 yards past mine, and he was 5 under and 6 holes........what's the point of playing when I'm just cannon fodder for those that cheat????????

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 12:14 AM

CMitchell22425:
    Just played a 9 hole tournament (that I left early, because I was getting CRUSHED) against a guy with an 89.8 average, vs my 72 avg.
    It's a pity that you dropped out of a round providing practice, and gave this guy a bad experience in the game.

IMHO, quitting should be reserved to unforeseen, critical personal situations which require immediate action (inury, earthquake, but not the boss lurking), or bad behaviour of the opponent. Alas, that's a point of a different ethics conversation.

As Paul said, averages mean nothing today - a 150 ave. player may know his sticks ;)

The main factor here is you. As a matter of fact, you have recently (11 finished stroke play games before) been promoted to Master with longer tracks - congratulations! Your equipment is unchanged, less suited to the new tier. Still, you have shot a few decent scores (a 60, a 64!) among higher results.

It appears to me that you'll have to adapt to the situation, in game play, maybe in equipment.

My two (or three) Pfennig of advice:

- play more 9 hole games on various courses.

- replace the weak 3WD by a decent wedge between irons and SW.

- have fun, especially in the multiplayer games!

• CMitchell22425
    7 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 3:38 AM

No cheating involved . He had a good round................

Ummm..........he has an AVERAGE score of 89.8!!!!!! We was on track to score in the high 50s if we played 18 holes......

To get an 10-25 yard head start ('advantage') against a player like that in a head to head game is a complete waste of time, as I have ZERO chance of beating him, and might as well just gift my coins to him as the start of the game!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 5:27 AM

alosso:
    replace the weak hybrid by a decent wedge between irons and SW.

FTFY

• GreenLaser
    175 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2023 5:59 AM

I'll send you (CMITCHELL22425)  a L58 Ping 3WD to replace your current 3WD and hybrid if you want it.  Full and Punch shots with that should cover the gap between your 3 iron and driver.  I'm just guessing at the yardages of your current clubs, but I think that 3WD would work well for you and let you drop the hybrid, so you could add another wedge.

https://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-clubs/woods-hybrids/ping-g430_max_3_wood_l58.aspx?i=447e41f3-0b12-48eb-91ac-2cf7430381f2

If you're talking about coin room play, high level Swing Edge hat may be contributing to you being out-driven (along with driver and ball with more distance.)

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:03 AM

GreenLaser:

I'll send you (CMITCHELL22425)  a L58 Ping 3WD to replace your current 3WD and hybrid if you want it.  Full and Punch shots with that should cover the gap between your 3 iron and driver.  I'm just guessing at the yardages of your current clubs, but I think that 3WD would work well for you and let you drop the hybrid, so you could add another wedge.

https://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-clubs/woods-hybrids/ping-g430_max_3_wood_l58.aspx?i=447e41f3-0b12-48eb-91ac-2cf7430381f2

If you're talking about coin room play, high level Swing Edge hat may be contributing to you being out-driven (along with driver and ball with more distance.)

Very generous of you G-L...bravo.

• GreenLaser
    175 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:41 AM

ct690911:

Very generous of you G-L...bravo.

i think his replies are delayed because of moderation. Still waiting to hear if he wants the club.

• CMitchell22425
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 4:21 AM

Streuth, that's very generous of you!

Thank you

RSS