Forums

Help › Forums

ALTERNATE SHOT TOURNAMENT: FOR FUN !!!!

Sat, Jul 1 2017 5:13 AM (101 replies)
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 1:36 AM

Yiannis1970:

What do you mean Vai with ''after 2 losses''? Let's make a scenario...

I reach undefeited the semifinals and losing my game. Are you implying that i have another chance to play again?

Yes, you would. What would happen is you would drop in the Ls bracket. 

Basically, after every round the Ws bracket continues as is but the losers keep dropping to the L bracket. So, if someone started from L bracket and reached the final, they would have to win 2x games than the guy reaching final from W bracket. In fact, if the finalist from L side of the bracket wins the final, they W side finalist gets another chance as he has yet to lose.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 8:50 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Yiannis1970:

What do you mean Vai with ''after 2 losses''? Let's make a scenario...

I reach undefeited the semifinals and losing my game. Are you implying that i have another chance to play again?

Yes, you would. What would happen is you would drop in the Ls bracket. 

Basically, after every round the Ws bracket continues as is but the losers keep dropping to the L bracket. So, if someone started from L bracket and reached the final, they would have to win 2x games than the guy reaching final from W bracket. In fact, if the finalist from L side of the bracket wins the final, they W side finalist gets another chance as he has yet to lose.

Never seen that before!! Never have seen playing the final twice!! It's the first time i hear that my friend...

PS

Very good round on par 5s by the way...congrats!

• NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Sun, Jun 4 2017 6:17 PM

Okay i think we have heard enough of this nonsense about double elimination guys..

The rules were stated on page 1 before sign up i believe..

Have u no manners?

Have you no appreciation for the effort and time Reka has committed into organizing this?

If u dont like the rules your more then welcome to forfeit and remove yourself from the tourny...

Very simple....

From what i heard the double elimination is for the first round..

Maybe next tournie it will be direct elimination..

But for this one......................

Reka's rules..........

I wont mention names as i wanna keep this generic and humble..

BUT STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!!

Be nice play the format given and go about your merry way..

Jill...

Rules are below...

We are trying to put on an alternate shot tourney for committed/serious players that will join in the fun. We want people who will make every effort to play their matches. It would require you to play once a week for as long as you remain in the field. It will be a double elimination tourney, with a winner's bracket, and a loser's bracket after the first round.  The winner's of the two brackets will meet in the final round. The tournament will start sometime next month. 

The tournament director is LillaSzak/ Reka.   You can contact her, or post in this thread. We hope for this to be a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone. Please come with that intention.

More details to follow!!

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 1:27 AM

kdownunder:

So it looks like the kdownunder/kayeman team & the wtiger/baldace team are not going to be able to find a mutually convenient time to play:   Australia / USA / England  so we are going to have to default to the weekly single play.   That will be week 33 single play that comes on tomorrow.

K

Exactly the same situation for our game too...:(

Reka, please indicate what round should we have to move on. Thank you.

• LillaSzak
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 2:04 AM

LillaSzak:

Tournament Structure

Should both teams not me able to arrange to meet in the time frame , all 4 players must play the weekly single play WGT tournament , the best combined team scores will win. Please post on my wall if you are moderated .

The rules are posted on tournament structure on Page3 . Week 23 single play weekly will be used for the current round.

Unfortunately im still moderated so my post dont appear on time . but for round 2 it will be the Week 24 , round 3 will be week 25 , and so on .

xx

R

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 7:59 AM

Thx Reka. This is the one i believe:

http://www.wgt.com/golf-tournaments/stroke-play/wk-23-18-hole-single-play-tournament.aspx?id=af838be7516846f99e6ea78801804df0

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 8:02 AM

NAUGHTYBINATURE:

Okay i think we have heard enough of this nonsense about double elimination guys..

The rules were stated on page 1 before sign up i believe..

Have u no manners?

Have you no appreciation for the effort and time Reka has committed into organizing this?

Had a rough night Jill??

What on EARTH are you talking about? Who does not appreciate Reka's efforts?

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 10:51 AM

LillaSzak:

Should both teams not me able to arrange to meet in the time frame , all 4 players must play the weekly single play WGT tournament , the best combined team scores will win. Please post on my wall if you are moderated .  The prizes means the runner ups and winners of each section will go into the Grand Final the loser gets 1 sleeve per player in the Grand final the winner gets 2 sleeves.

Please clarify which weekly single play tournament you mean...nine hole or 18. Due to the time difference between our team and our opponents, we were not able to find a time that worked for all of us.

Thanks,

Bill

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Mon, Jun 5 2017 2:12 PM

Wrong post.

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Tue, Jun 6 2017 3:36 AM

LillaSzak:

Tournament Structure

Should both teams not me able to arrange to meet in the time frame , all 4 players must play the weekly single play WGT tournament , the best combined team scores will win. Please post on my wall if you are moderated .

Teams kdownunder/kayeman vs wtiger22/baldace have played (are playing) the Week 23 9 hole single play.   I assumed it was the 9 hole comp as the Alt Shot games being played are only 9 holes.   If it is the 18 hole single play then it is unlikely we will get this done as one of the players will be away for the rest of the week.

K

RSS