Coeur D'lene Idaho

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, May 14 2017 9:46 PM

That would be cool..

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 6:45 AM

Or I thought why not convert one or two of the existing CTTH only courses like Valhalla or Harbor Town ?

But way back in 2011 this was a thought also and the following opinion was offered:

NickN85:

Not only does creating full 18 round courses have to do with signing agreements and getting the rights to use them.. it also has to do with setting up times to go out and literally take a ton of pictures of the course at multiple angles..

the way this game is created is by someone going out to the physical course and taking digital stills of each hole from different angles.. those images are then combined with actionscript and assigned parameters and variables and coded out to make up for all the different aspects and possible conditions..

..so as to your original question.. getting the CTTH courses avaiable in full 18 hole play would take wgt going back out to that course.. and taking entire new sets of stills and coding out the course all over which could take weeks if not months (and if im not mistaken i read somewhere while trying to find tips on improving my game that they do not plan on doing this)..

..as far as new courses go.. it can take weeks for them to go through this process.. and thats after the weeks it takes to get through all the red tape... therefore you just have to be patient and wait it out.. this isnt like other golf simluation/games where its a simply vector designer that can just take sample images and created a wired 3d layout of the course that resembles it naturally and add color...

WGTIcon also answered and confirmed these comments way back then.

Guess I'll just wait for new pictures to be taken, more contracts written and more money spent.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 7:13 AM

Royal Melbourne

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 7:17 AM

Hi ZR, This is what it takes, 1 min 34 sec's onwards. I don't know if the 6 month turnaround has been cut with the advent of drones

Ken

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 1:30 PM

nanstar:

Royal Melbourne

What year will the US Open be played at Royal Melbourne? ;)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 1:37 PM

CerinoDevoti:

nanstar:

Royal Melbourne

Following year after The Open at St Andrews...................

Read the ? before trying to be smart :)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 2:04 PM

Jimbog1964:

CerinoDevoti:

nanstar:

Royal Melbourne

Following year after The Open at St Andrews...................

Read the ? before trying to be smart :)

There is no ? to read. The only full courses in like the last 5 years are US Open venues. It's not hard to notice. St A and RSG are from the old agreement with the R&A. 

If Royal Melbourne is a question, the answer is never. ;)

~CD~

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, May 15 2017 2:16 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    There is no ? to read.

OK a statement.  Thought you might do that:)

Royal Melbourne would be a nice addition and no harm in asking.....

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, May 16 2017 12:25 AM

There's a great course near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which WGT might like to consider. It's called Oakmont Country Club. 

RSS