Forums

Help › Forums

Color Blindness

Mon, Jul 20 2020 12:22 AM (41 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 1:21 AM

Thanks for getting back to us Mox. Changing the colour of the status lights does involve installing an extension into your browser, and the success of that depends on what browser you use.

But before we go further with that, do you think inverting the screen colours would help, as this is easier to do than the extension thing?

If you currently use Windows magnifier for zooming in, you can turn on colour inversion by clicking the gear wheel (options) on the Windows magnifier dialogue box and putting a tick in the colour inversion box.

If you don't use the magnifier, it can be fired up by pressing the Windows key  and the '+' key. Then you can turn on the colour inversion as I described above.

If that doesn't work for you Mox, then we'll have to try the browser extension route.

The browser extension is also able to invert the PLAY NOW area colour by applying a filter to it.

• Mox360
    50 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 7:16 AM

Thanks again Scott. the colour inversion solution seems to work perfectly. I was not aware it was as easily accessible.

As an aside, thanks also for your pro shop equipment spreadsheet. Extremely useful.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 9:51 AM

I'm very glad to hear that works for you Mox, have a great Easter and thank you very much for the compliments about the spreadsheet.  : )

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 10:38 AM

WigerToods2010:

Yet another reach out and help offer from Mr. Hope.

I know you're no limelight seeker, Scott, but have to say you are an absolute star in this virtual golf world. Well done you once again.

+1 !!

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 1:21 PM

Thank you JF.  ; )

@Mox, if you're still reading this thread, I forgot to mention the keyboard shortcut for turning Windows magnifier off, it's the Windows key and the 'Esc' key, cheers.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 1:59 PM

well done Scott, you are a star !!

this is a thread that should be pinned like we do in club forums

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Fri, Apr 14 2017 2:14 PM

Thank you Bery. I'm not sure how many people would find it useful, but I could put a link on my profile page so it can be found again.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 1:55 PM

Just posting this to see if it will help a friend with the putting grid colours.

I know it makes the whole game look very strange, but using the browser dev tools to find a colour combination that makes the colours of the putting grid visible, could be worth the time invested, and once set to the desired colour, can easily be switched on and off just for the putt.

• weetabix7
    524 Posts
    Sat, May 6 2017 2:21 PM

Awesome Scott, It would help a lot. With the current  game colours its hard for me to see any difference but with some of the colour combinations you are using it makes a big difference to see what is happening with the elevation.

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Sun, May 7 2017 8:40 AM

weetabix7:
    Awesome Scott.....

Cheers Shaun. Following on from our PM's, here's a link to the browser extension that I mentioned. STYLUS.  If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you'll find a link for a Chrome install.

I'll probably have to get back to you tomorrow with regards to configuring it for changing the colours in the game client, but by all means have a play around with it if you're like me and you like messing about with stuff.  ; )

See you later.
RSS