Forums

Help › Forums

Color Blindness

Mon, Jul 20 2020 12:22 AM (41 replies)
  • Mox360
    50 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 3:29 AM

There may be other color-blindness issues of which I am not aware but my biggest problem is how to tell if players are available to play from the colored ball icons.
    Might I suggest that the colored balls for unavailable players (hidden/busy) have a black "/" or "X" overlay. This should not affect fully color-sighted players but would improve my game experience as a red/green c/b sufferer.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 10:56 AM

If any of these colour combinations work for you Mox, I may be able to help you. Number 1 won't, as that's the standard colour, but there might be a chance with the others.

Windows 10 has some built in options for colour blind users. See HERE.
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2017 5:47 PM

ScottHope:
    If any of these colour combinations work for you Mox, I may be able to help you.

Wonderful gesture Scott...very nice of you to take the time to help Mox out like that and help him find a way to enjoy the game.

Well played!

MC

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 1:11 AM

Cheers MrC, I'd never even thought before about how being colour blind would affect users of this site and I have to admit, I felt compelled to do something.  : ) 

@Mox, if you use a Windows PC have you tried using Windows magnifier to invert the screen colours. It does make everything look a bit weird, but it's easy to switch it on and off so that might be a neat solution if it works.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 2:37 AM

We use ishihara colour blindness test for work . This test can be completed online . Only for combinations of red and green I believe .

Called the CVD test .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 2:38 AM

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 4:31 AM

Yet another reach out and help offer from Mr. Hope.

I know you're no limelight seeker, Scott, but have to say you are an absolute star in this virtual golf world. Well done you once again.

Hopefully the OP will find your efforts useful as they travel the fairways and...  blues.

:-)

• RoggRR
    582 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 4:41 AM

One of my friends is daltonist, he can see black, white and grey colors only. 

Scott, if you convert that into grey, then u can see how daltonists seeing it.

I think, the better option is to put a little black or white dot in the middle of the green and blue lights (or \ x, as mox says)

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 7:47 AM

@Johnny, I'm sure that most people who have a little extra knowledge about something are willng to put it to good use to help others. Many members here are so keen to offer assistance with their knowledge about the game and your graphics skills are very much appreciated by many.. I'm just a bit more biased towards the forum I guess. Thank you.

@Rogg, If I could do something to the status lights, I would. But I don't have the skills to target the individual elements in a flash window. I can't see that WGT will ever do anything about it either, but you never know. Maybe if the game ever moves from flash to another format, something may be possible, but currently I think we're a bit stuck.

Andy, do you have a ouija board up there?   : )

• Mox360
    50 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2017 11:58 AM

Thanks for your interest Scott. Option 6 seems to have the best contrasts for my circumstances. As you have hinted at in a later post, my current method of zooming in to maximum does increase the amount of colour I can detect but is not always perfect.

RSS