Forums

Help › Forums

Stop sending emails!

Sun, Apr 2 2023 7:21 PM (30 replies)
  • RicardoSwe
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 12:02 PM

I joined WTG yesterday. So far, in 24 hours, I have received 15 emails.

Seven of them are Pro Shop Rental emails (confirming what I obviously already knew).

I've gone to Account/Contact Info and attempted to opt out of everything. The categories don't include many choices --- Pro Shop Rentals, for instance.

Why can't I opt out of ALL EMAIL???

Ridiculous spamming.

• WGTSpaZ
    15 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 4:38 PM

Hey Ricardo, We use these emails as receipts of transactions made on your account. These are another way for you to verify any actions made on your account and ensure that everything is as it should be. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

WGTSpaz

• RicardoSwe
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 5:12 PM

Spaz, (?)

I don't want ANY emails. If by chance I do spend $ via credit card, my credit card is my receipt. And on many websites, like Amazon, my purchases are tracked by the website for me. 

And I don't need meaningless messages, such as telling me that I just "rented" some equipment for no charge. I knew that. Don't need a "receipt".

Almost all websites have reason to send email give users the option to opt-out. Why can't WGT? Why irritate your customers?

This seems like a simple request. Reading these forums, I've seen many people basically ask the same thing for several years. My guess is that WGT puts more value on putting their name before their customers (like 15 emails in 24 hours) than making their customers happy.

I can set up a rule to filter out, mark as read and delete all incoming WGT emails. If you won't do it, then I'll need to do it for you.

And I'll stop using WGT for this reason. I was going to recommend it to friends, but now it will be a negative recommendation.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 6:52 PM

If you just click on the account tab on the left side of the screen it will take you to your account. Click on contact info. About 1/3 of the way down is what emails you wish to receive from WGT. Check or uncheck all that you want to receive or uncheck them all and receive nothing. Don't blame WGT for you not setting your email preferences. 

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:00 PM

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:01 PM

RicardoSwe:
    I was going to recommend it to friends, but now it will be a negative recommendation.

Well, I'm sure both of them will be disappointed to hear your negative recommendation. ;-)

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:38 PM

WGT should EMAIL him an apology.  : )

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 8:26 PM

RicardoSwe:

I can set up a rule to filter out, mark as read and delete all incoming WGT emails. If you won't do it, then I'll need to do it for you.

Dude, you could have just done this instead of coming on here to rant and rave about flippin' emails.  Relax a little.  

RicardoSwe:

And I'll stop using WGT for this reason. I was going to recommend it to friends, but now it will be a negative recommendation.

Although, now you won't have to becuase this is another way to stop receiving emails from WGT.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:22 PM

Wow!!   A near meltdown right out of the box.  I seriously doubt that whatever method he used to purchase credits will show exactly what was purchased with those credits in the Pro Shop.  

I can just see his next posts coming about how unfairly the game is targeting him once he learns a bit about playing.

Buy your season tickets early as you won't want to miss any of the upcoming performances. 

• gonfission
    2,225 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 2:12 PM

Welcome to the "NEW WGT "DISCORD SHOW"

RicardoSwe:
    I've seen many people basically ask the same thing for several years.

And I didn't pay attention then either

Robert1893:
    I'm sure both of them will be disappointed

BOTH? You're being overly generous, Magnanomous surely. MWAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHAAA!

This

joemt825:
    WGT should EMAIL him an apology.

and this

phred952:
    Wow!!   A near meltdown right out of the box

Gave my laptop, "Sticky Keys", I spit my Gatorade, after reading these two comments.

RicardoSwe:
    set up a rule to filter out

How about one for nonsensical irrelevant  posts, as you've seen this many times? Save yourself some of that misplaced rage.

I recommend anger management, for allowing yourself to post obtusely, about previous knowledge.

Perhaps a trip down to Thirty Fourth & Vine would benefit you and your relationship with WGT's staff

This babes got everyone's answer

RSS