Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • etienne5361
    1,061 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2017 6:38 PM

Played my match on Merion.

etienne5361 vs. hvac101 the result ...... a win for The G.

Etienne 66 strokes and Hvac 70 (73-3)

Nice match and good compagny enjoyed it.

Etienne (capt. for the Georgian team)

• I2IClint
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 5:12 AM

Ok I think this is where I am supposed to post the results of my match with accuate from georgian cc

So I shot a terrible 86 -5 = 81 so no points for us. He shot 79 before his handicapp

Sorry guys. Ill make up for it in the next round

Clint

• jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 8:10 AM

I have ask two clubs ...

Laff N Play said they cant get a team together now.

The Old Duffers Retreat have not replied yet.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:19 AM

Well done and commiserations, winners and losers.

No sorrys needed Clint, trying while enjoyin is the main thing.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, Apr 19 2017 9:38 AM

This from our (FPGC) team captain Jeff, re the options when we get a 4th team replacement.

"....I'll think about things and give you a more in depth response (if I have one)...however I feel Option 3 is best, then Option 1.  Option 2 does seem the worst of the three.

TTUL,

Jeff...."

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:53 AM

After being messed about by  Sue (TWP owner), FPGC v The Georgian are almost finished the 1st round, with UFVG waiting on a replacement opponent to complete their round.

If any team members are playing in multi-player games, could they take the time to ask if the other players club are interested in the vacant 4th spot that so we can carry on with the league as planned.

The 2nd round games FPGC v UFVG go ahead soon, the replacement team will play The Georgian. The rescheduled 1st round - UFVG v 4th team- will be rearranged as we go, deciding between themselves what to do about the 1st round.

The craic goes on!

Shot of the Month and sleeves.

I'm sure there were some great shots in the first round games, but I think players are so focused on the matches, that they forgot to save them, I saw that in my match.  No shots have been posted.  Will we call a halt to Shot of the Round?

If so, a number of sleeves (9 so far) have been donated to the tournament.  I have a couple of ideas how they can be used, but I welcome suggestions from yourselves. 

This post has been sent to all three clubs.

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 4:59 AM

Hi Guys

I have spoken with Michael and am currently knocking on doors and using the cattle hook, to round-up 12 good men in order to step in to the void here.

i expect to have no trouble in getting together a team and am very much looking forward to being a part of this.

looks like great fun and hope to catch up with you folks pretty soon

regards

wtiger22(mike) (craven dale c.c)

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 5:44 AM

Thanks again Mike, we're waiting patiently.....

• dave14330
    245 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:08 PM

OK Mike I am in but remember i am GMT + 8 

Dave

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 12:10 PM

"Oh the iwony, the iwony..."  - by Walter Matthau in one of the many famous scenes in that brilliant comedy, THE ODD COUPLE!  OjO

wrote
    on 20 Apr 2017 at 8:55 AM

the irony of the whole thing is that when our club had an inter club clash versus the wolf pack - i got so sick of having to chase around after their members that we had to call a halt to the event without completing the games!!!

she is in no position to be casting aspersions against anyone!!

RSS