Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • iamvapour
    3,605 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 9:09 AM

bwander (-2) v. iamvapour

Brian won outright, 72 to 75. Adjusted score, 70 to 75.

Vapourized by a good, consistent effort from my Opponent.

My hat is off to you, Brian.

Kevin

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:25 PM

That's 71-75 Kevin, Brian had just one shot on you.

Apologies for the typo earlier.

Good win Brian, maybe better luck in the match play Kevin.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sun, Apr 16 2017 4:44 PM

The Wolf Pack club have withdrawn from the tournament. This came about after some discussion between myself and Sue over some minor issues re handicaps, timeouts and the clock.

I'm again asking for the Wolf Pack club to reconsider, and carry on in the tournament.

"Michael,

I have talked to my club and we have decided that the best thing to do would be to withdraw from your tournament.

Sue"

If they don't return, it will take  a couple of days to sort out the messy bits.  It might be possible to get in another club. The first round is going quicker than I expected.

The 1st round table looks like being fairly close, thanks all for your efforts so far.

The craic goes on!

Michael.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 1:13 AM

Will all outstanding matches please go ahead while I get another team to fill in for the Wolf Pack.

They are definitely exhausted, we outran them. The quitters!

The craic (fun) goes on!

Is this a conspiracy? Or is it the work of a Lone Wolf?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcNSmsKvxaM

..and theres' more.......it gets craicier (crackier)...... OjO

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 3:46 AM

Come on Sue, I know you can do it, lighten up and smile. It's just a game,our favourite sport  of the many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoeF2jzqFUI

Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall inherit the golf courses.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 6:39 AM

These are the options Curt (UFVG) sent to me that we can consider. We may have a team to replace the kittens, Curt will let us know later, his text below.

"I have thought on this a little and can see a few options for you to consider ..

Known ... UFVG and TWP had played 11 matches in the first round, and were tied at 5 1/2 points each.

Option 1 .... Clean Slate. Start over a new round with the new club. Sure, not appealing to those that have played, but it had to be mentioned and it's most fair to the new team selected. The FPGC v The Georgian  matches stand as is.

Option 2 ... Give the new team the TWP points and allow one match to decide the final score. More fair to the players that have played. But, not a real match with UFVG so I'm kinda NOT for this one.

Option 3 ... Allow the last match with TWP to be forfeit and move on. Most appealing to my club as we are not at fault for any of the issues. The new team would start with 5 1/2 points, UFVG would have 6 1/2 points. And we move on to the next round.

Just FYI ... Let me know."

Michael 

• jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 10:29 AM

UFVG could support Option 1 as now written. Provided the new team get onboard very soon. The original intent of option 1 was to have the burden shared by all. 

I'm sure the clubs can decide on an option that does not place an unfair burden on one.

My feeling is that option 2 should only come into play if requested by the new club. This does not mean my club will support it either.

Remember, the incoming club may not have scored the 5 1/2 points that options 3 awards them. 

I have sent a copy of the options to my players for their input and comments. Option 3 is the selected option thus far. Will provide the UFVG final reply when it is known.

Curt 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 1:33 PM

Curt, what burdon?

This from Billy, our vice captain and my reply:

"I think A is the fairest option.   Gives the new team the same chance as everyone else.   I'd imagine that the  new team coming in would like to participate in full.   Option 2 or 3 don't really work for me.

I can understand that UFVG may be slightly annoyed in that they have to replay games but it gives those that lost for them another bite of the cherry.And we have time on our side as some games may be carried into next month in the rescheduling .

Happy to go with the majority on this though."

Me:

My first thoughts is whatever the new club agrees with UFVG is ok with me, but 2 doesn't work for me either.

• jetrep7
    1,240 Posts
    Mon, Apr 17 2017 4:55 PM

What rescheduling??

Are you sure the other two teams can't get finished by the end of the month? And then waiting up to 4 weeks for us to replay the first round before the next round begins ... Remember, we play your team in round 2.

First, we need another team. Depending on how quickly that happens drives the option, I think. UFVG may be able to play another first round before your teams finish.

A schedule reset would leave all a chance to get ready with 4 teams on equal terms and time. Either way depends on the arrival of the new team. UFVG will try to work with the majority decision.

I also don't like option 2. And, Option 3 may setup the new team in 3rd place, depending on how your team fares.

We are enjoying the tournament and appreciate the host team's efforts.

Cheers ... Curt

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Apr 18 2017 5:31 AM

Rescheduling, he means your games if we get a new club.  FPGC/The Georgian matches will be completed before the end of the month.  

If we get a 4th club, they can play the Georgian next round, and I think your club should decide with the new club what to do re the first round.  I suggest a restart of rd 1 for yourselves with the new club.

A schedule reset for all?   I'm not sure how much of time it will take, that I don't think I have. I'm planning a break from club duties, still updating the TZL though.

Let us all try get a 4th club.  A good way to make contact is through multi-player games, you might be lucky and get a game with a club owner or director. 

RSS