Forums

Help › Forums

TZL 2017 - Congrats to Champions, The Georgian and Thanks Again All for Playing

Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:33 AM (289 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 9:59 AM

...READ THIS..........READ THIS...........READ THIS.........READ THIS...........READ THIS...

Jetrep77, there you go again with your fibs, just a quick glance at your replies and what you said in your private messages to me shows this is all your fault. And your poor attempt at sarcasm will get you an even better reputation.

Outrage? Double standards you also accused me of in a private message? Changes made after the tournament started? What changes? You are full of sh*t excuses.

I'm not having any dealings with you any more, you are not a good representative for your club.

Are we moving on or what Jetrep77?    Last time I'll ask you.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 10:08 AM

ps: and another one of your dumb 'observations' Jetrep (he said the tournament is at risk in one of his private messages) is way off the mark.

The only thing at risk here is your involvement in this tournament. I for one would be delighted to see you out of it.

• KDH1001
    42 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 11:07 AM

Jetrep and Dubfore:

This is supposed to be fun.  One of the great pleasures on WFT is the high proportion of people you meet and play with are gentlemanly or gentlewomanly, a golf tradition that still sometimes exists in real life.

In the future perhaps the rules should state that in match the giving of one or more holes must occur on the first holes (however many needed.)

Can we put this nonsense behind us and move on, and perhaps you two could consider apologizing to one another.

Peace

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 5:08 PM

KDH1001:

Jetrep and Dubfore:

This is supposed to be fun.  One of the great pleasures on WFT is the high proportion of people you meet and play with are gentlemanly or gentlewomanly, a golf tradition that still sometimes exists in real life.

In the future perhaps the rules should state that in match the giving of one or more holes must occur on the first holes (however many needed.)

Can we put this nonsense behind us and move on, and perhaps you two could consider apologizing to one another.

Peace

Sorry KDH1001 but it appears right on page 1 as show below:  I underlined it and put  ------READ THIS----READ THIS----READ THIS----- above it:

Player Pairings                                           

Opponents should link up and play asap, best to link up by friend request and private msgs, wall posts are not always noticed.  See time zone differences below.

Tournament Guidelines to Note

Match scoring: 1 point for each player win, a half point for a tie

All matches over 18 holes play ranked - default conditions

90 second clock - 5  timeouts - Allowing for the site/game errors

In the interests of better craic and fair competition, team selectors should match opponents in same tier + average or close to same where possible.  

Before playing matches, see the tier difference shot and hole allowances tables below.

------READ THIS--------READ THIS---------READ THIS----------

Match Play hole allowances should be given before teeing off, this will save any possible confusion during the matches.

Seems pretty clear to me.

phred952

• billyirl
    519 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 5:17 PM

Calm,i ask for calm.

Can everybody just take a breathe and try and behave like adults.

The arguments running back and forth are doing nobody any favours.Last time I checked this is an on-line game.We are not playing for money,land or anything tangible.Just honour ,which can be more fragile than anything it seems.

Fine,some people take it far more serious than other and that's their right.Me I take it serious when playing well and not so serious when playing badly (which is more often than not to be honest).

Healthy competition is ok but it wont be the end of the world if you lose either.

I agree with KDH1001 ,lets try and get back to playing and enjoying  golf.

I'd hate to scrap this competition.

Billy

• SylvainH1
    76 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 7:12 PM

Hi guys

This tournament suppose be an fun one to participate.

So put that stuff behind and play the 3th round and have some fun doing it.

SylvainH1..member of UFVG

• jetrep7
    1,247 Posts
    Wed, May 31 2017 2:07 AM

Corrected scores from round 2 ...

UFVG : 6-2-4 ... 7 pts                        FPGC : 4-2-6 ... 5 pt

I understand the match play team scoring now.

Although I haven't heard from all my players, there were 2 that said I was in the wrong.

This had nothing to do with hole allowances.

Please remove my name from any random sleeve of golfballs drawing as that would not be right.

I will only be posting scores from matches in the future. Any questions of play will be coordinated by the team captain.

I yield to the decisions made by the Tournament Coordinator.

Team UFVG is ready to move on with the tournament, if that is decided.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Wed, May 31 2017 3:15 PM

At last, we're moving on,  I owe nobody an apology and I don't want another apology from Jetrep7, he's not on my block list..

LET'S PLAY GOLF AND HAVE SOME CRAIC.

FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 3:27 PM

Played my round three game with Jim5306 from UFVG and was able to hold onto the win for the Georgian. 

Game ended 66-69 in my favor.

Jim was a very good opponent and a classy player.  He had a little trouble right up front and fell behind 3 strokes after 5 holes.  He birdied hole #9 to catch up one stroke and then just kept coming until he was only down 2 strokes after 16 holes. Thanks for a good game and as we are both legends no strokes needed.

Thanks again for the game Jim.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jun 3 2017 10:08 PM

The first result of round three. Thanks guys and well played. We're off and running.

Will the team captains send me their teams asap.

RSS