Forums

Help › Forums

Putting, its killing me (slowly)

Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:12 PM (44 replies)
  • SeveFrost
    1,491 Posts
    Sat, Mar 25 2017 12:22 PM

kavvz, get in to the habit of looking at the putt from behind the hole too as it can sometimes highlight a subtle break that you may have missed with the head on angle

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 2:28 PM

pdb1:
      I brought this up to Ken . Tekoma  . Which damn Apex ? 

If you understood apex, you know there's only one in an arc.

It's the highest point in the arc of the putt to the hole and John said it exactly right. To further understand his point, if an apex is closer to you than the center of the putt, you're looking at a putt with a foot break or sidehill start, one where the putt takes off on the wrong line if you ignore it.

Conversely, a late apex would indicate the putt travels straighter for a larger portion of the putt and breaks more towards the end.  :-)

• basilbrush62
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 10:21 PM

hi  I have the same problem or the ball stops an inch right or left or short stupid little ball .just as well like this game

• System3
    47 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:12 PM

Personally I concentrate on speed, If I miss by a yard I KNOW it goes in next putt.

Watch the ball especially  on down hills. When it slows you will see it veer off

strongly at the end. Keep that in mind. If you are playing someone watch how his ball

breaks. The pros do it for a reason !   Above all RELAX ! and enjoy the game.

Also I am a miss dinger. It made a huge difference in my game. It works most

the time up to Tour Master but champ greens you need to move the flag often.

C U later Tom

LFOD !

RSS