Forums

Help › Forums

Adobe Flash Death, any plans for the future WGT?

Wed, Dec 30 2020 11:46 AM (73 replies)
  • sluny
    126 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:56 PM

I am not sure, it this is the right forum, but I must ask this somewhere.

The support of the Adobe Flash in ALL browsers is slowly going to its end, so the simple question on the WGT STAFF is:

"What will you do after the death of Adobe Flash in desktop browsers?"

Do you have any future plans for WGT on the desktop? Are you allready preparing for this, this means, are you working on the new version of WGT working without Adobe flash (HTML5)? Of will you simply kill the desktop version of WGT and move to the mobile platform entirely?

Thanks in advance for your reply...

Sluny

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 5:53 AM

We really don't need another flash 'End of Days' thread.

Search out one of the many, many, many threads on this subject for an answer.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:13 AM

At the end of the many threads, posts and opinions; it seems McDonalds was the primary option....with chippendales a close second.

...not sure how well Icon's tutu would go over ^^^...mais, c'est la vie. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:53 AM

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 6:06 AM

Yes, so many threads on this topic, but no relevant and direct answer from WGT in them. That's why I am asking again...

And still not getting answer...

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 6:37 AM

You'll catch on......eventually

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 6:40 AM

sluny:
    And still not getting answer...

In all friendship: Don't hold your breath.

From my long experience here, there are few official answers, and none about future plans. They are kept as business secrets - not too astonishing.

By coincidence, they are called The Hold-Your-Tongue Tribe of Bay Area - need I say more?

Secondly, this is not the best place for official answers. Recommended paths are
    - direct contact to CS, e.g. via "Contact" below,
    - messages to the mods, e.g. on their walls.

Don't expect too much though - they hold their tongue ;)

Some unconventional ways to information are
    - become WGT's CEO,
    - become the spouse of a high echelon there, or
    - buy the company.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:09 AM

Icon has talked about this, here's my memory of his 'definitive' statement.

" We are aware of this and, erm...we don't think flash will disappear overnight, it maybe possibly could still be around in 10 years...erm, we don't have another platform in mind for the future...possibly"

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:44 AM

sluny:
    Of will you simply kill the desktop version of WGT and move to the mobile platform entirely?

If WGT will "finally" HAVE TO do this,,,it will SUUUCK! My days of playing WGT will be over. I would have to use binoculars to play this freaking game on a mobile device. Even a decent lap top SUCKS for me. 

I'm very old school. I have a 32 inch desk top monitor. That's what I am use too and that's all I will use.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Mar 2 2017 9:07 AM

With you there OTE. Gave my last laptop to the grandson as to read standard sized text on it I had to remove the specs and hold my nose 3 - 4" from the screen. I use a 40 something inch TV as my monitor and if this starts to go then I guess it'll be summat like a 72" projector as a last throw of the dice but by then due to a), the lax attitude conveyed by mods/management, WGT will fold, or b) I'll be downstairs showing Lucifer how it's done. Either one is what it is. Nothing, including us, lasts forever.

RSS