Forums

Help › Forums

Adobe Flash Death, any plans for the future WGT?

Wed, Dec 30 2020 11:46 AM (73 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2020 11:09 AM

JDGHOST:
    I researched  bluemaxima and that option and from what I gather Unfortunately it wont work with WGT as  the "Flash" version here in WGT it stand alone? And what bluemaxima is offering is a way to play and store a flash game to your hard drive(No internet needed to play) You need to be able to access WGT  through a browser? But I will leave it to maybe Scott to explain better...Maybe and hopefully I am wrong....    JD

I don't know JD, is the honest answer. I wish for all the devotees of the flash game that it would work, but I have my doubts.

• BrachttalGoffer
    195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2020 4:33 AM

I had the same problem Mel so I downloaded Flash and installed it again - it worked. But nobody tells us what to do in December when Flash is finished.

• BrachttalGoffer
    195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2020 2:54 AM

Now it has happened again and I cannot login to wgt. That is now finish for me.

• QuimMonzu
    1 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 11:46 AM

Member since 2012 using linux many years ago... yesterday it was still working fine with Chrome into a OpenSuSE 15.2 but today Dec 30Th. it has gone away !!!.

Tried Win10 versión under VirtualBox, but the swing does not run smooth.

Tried Steam platform under Win10 VirtualBox and the swing meter runs a little bit better but still worse than Chrome-OpenSuSe Linux.

Tried steam linux but is not mature yet as my perception, onlv supported in Ubuntu.

Mis system is an I7 3,7GHz, 8 cores, 32 GB Memory able to dual boot, so that I can run natively in Win10, but... If I dual boot I loose all the services I share with fellows (Private cloud, mail platform, VPN, Wiki, Drupal, Alfresco, etc...).

Previously the platform was powerful enough as to mantain all the services active and playing WGT with a very goot performance.

So, my decisión is to say goodbye to WGT and to all the members I've played with in the past years.

Will check from time to time if the policy of supporting Linux changes and in that case I will rejoin. Simply I don't want to dual boot to a worst platform as Win10 forced by one company unable to make minor changes to overcome the problem caused by a propietary technology such as Flash...

That's why I hate propietary systems and never will go back to them.

Regards

RSS