Forums

Help › Forums

Staying on Course

Mon, Mar 6 2017 8:38 PM (29 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 2:54 PM

That thread was derailled loads of times and mainly by that lying turd, eventually someone set the racism hook (and i dont mean Romax) and folk bit onto it.

Personally i read it now and then but left commenting ages ago. 

This will go same way.

IMO

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:09 PM

renniw52:
     It seems like WGT may have locked the let's be honest thread.

Yeah after my good news it took a dark turn.

I put in a plea asking them to edit out the nasty  stuff and reinstate the thread.

Anyone who thinks it's OK to have a debate on perceived racism in a thread in WGT needs to have a word with themselves.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:34 PM

Lets be Honest .  

It was a good thread and I was glad to be part of it . It helped some of us get to know each other , have some fun , and make new friends .  It was good for the community .   It would go off course now and then by the spellchekers gram crackers or the one and onlys , But it would hack its way back on course ..

Dear WGT ,  Maybe after the move and things settle in you could clean up the last few pages ( and pass on warnings )  and reopen the   Lets be Honest  thread .

OPY 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 3:36 PM

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to take credit for its locking.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 4:24 PM

Stand tall Michael... I applaud your comments. Significantly accurate.

I took mine down as I was really pissed off, at what a poster had said. Sent it directly to him, with the rest of the 3/4, not edited out of it, that I did not post.

If my commenting on a truthful, relevant subject, was responsible, I will not apologize.

The foundation of the thread, was truth.

The OP agreed with the video. I followed suit.

That came out last summer if I remember correctly. She is a target herself for speaking out.

What exactly is it, about truth, that people don't like? I really would like an answer.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 4:55 PM

To be Honest .

I have always played this game for Fun ,  ( look at my stats ) . And Fun it has been , I point and click . I also might have had a " Few "  or have my Frapp candle burning . Some times that works for a great game with friends and even random games .  

We each find our place here in WGT land , Be it $ won , the most friends , Reformed , or all  the players that do the best they can to help make this a better community , 

Now then ,, I am off to Yancy land , word is something to find on a new Course soon .

Riddle me that Bat Man .

OPY 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 5:44 PM

To be honest...

I just don't see the mods in the forums as much as we did three or four years ago. Maybe after TG took over they got their hours cut or got partially reassigned to other duties...I don't know, but in the past it seemed like if a thread was getting derailed they were pretty quick to delete any improper posts and let the thread continue (my opinion of course), and that doesn't seem to be happening as much any more.

Anyway, Rich, if you read this, if I were you I would go to the "And Everything Else" section of the forums right now and start a new thread called "Let's Be Honest II". Your original thread was a great way to meet so many of our fellow players and I'd love to see it resurrected.

MC

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 6:23 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sRrSwLHyxGc?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scott, please help post this.

Doc :)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:10 PM

Squirelly Nutz,

You now know why I stopped Dear Pabby...senseless with the f-ing idiots on here.

I'm going to start a Let's Be Honest 2 in your honor.

Paul

RSS