Forums

Help › Forums

Petervcpt - RIP my friend

Mon, Feb 20 2017 7:15 PM (63 replies)
  • alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 9:18 PM

My dear friend Peter, aka Petervcpt has sadly passed away. I got this email this morning from Peter's wife.....I could not post it earlier as I was at work......and holding it together at work would have been too much.

I have responded and wished Bridget, Peters family and friends my condolences from me and from the community.

For a change....I am keeping this short.

I hope you are in a better place Peter, thank you for being a friend...I will miss you!

Below is the email...... 

Hello Alan

it's been a whirlwind of a day but I finally managed to sit down and write this.

Peter spoke fondly of you Alan and also of Colin, Phillip and a few others whose names escape me now.

In fact, he spoke of Colin as the brother he never had, of Phillip as his mad uncle and of you as his voice of reason, as he put it, despite the fact that you have a weak cricket team, as he put it!

That leads me to believe that he had an extremely strong connection with you all. I'm grateful to you for that because Peter has never really been one to go out and make friends.

He asked me last night to send a message to you and asked that you let his other friends on his golf game know.

He did like his golf game, and often irritated me with his dedication to it!

He has suffered for quite a long time, but as usual, if you know anything about Peter, he was very stoic about his pain, refused medication for it the last while and just last week, fixed the lock on our spare room door. He also replaced all the light bulbs in the house because as he said, who is going to do it then?

He was very fond of you lot and sometimes, whilst playing, he would laugh out loud at something you had said!

He asked me to send you this, which I have and also asked that you let "the gang" know as well. Please do so, if you are able to. I don't have their email addresses, only yours.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Bridget
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 9:47 PM

WTF, I didn't even know he was sick!

RIP my friend....

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 9:56 PM

Hartlik jammer om te hoor van sy siekte en die gevolge daarvan.

Message to Bridget and the family " Sterkte"

That was sudden and unexpected - thanks Al for letting us know.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 9:59 PM

Stunned. I had no idea Peter was ill either. So sorry to hear this. Just goes to show you how positive he was. 

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 10:18 PM

Peter had suffered from duodenal cancer, was initially cleared then it came back. In his words it was aggressive and he stopped treatment, things accelerated.

He never sought pity and to my knowledge, only told a few people. I had no idea how bad it was when he let it slip as we played a stroke round (we played quite a few stroke rounds as no other fookers were on when we both were!) that he did not think he would see the upcoming cricket series in NZ......at first I thought he meant it was not televised.....then when I questioned he ignored it. 

The last thing he said was "I gave it a good go eh:?

By god you did Peter, a fooken good try! You made it in my books.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:09 PM

Peter; your generosity, honesty and passion were inspirational to me. You were fun and funny. Truly like a brother to me in so many ways.

RIP, my friend.

ct

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:40 PM

Very sad news....

Happy that he had a few days notice to say goodbye to friends and loved ones.

R.I.P. Pete, was a pleasure chatting with you.

Andy

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:41 PM

Played some shots with Peter two days ago. I had to send him a personal message since it was the funnest and most comfortable time I think I've ever had. He replied and it made me smile.

He Won and I do believe that.

Take care, Brother.

~David~

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:48 PM

.Makes me very sad this morning .

Sending my condolencies to family .

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:59 PM

Shocked and saddened to hear of this. Peter, you will meet up with some great people on the next part of your journey, and that community will benefit from your company, take care.

RSS