Forums

Help › Forums

Petervcpt - RIP my friend

Mon, Feb 20 2017 7:15 PM (63 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:17 AM

Sad and shocking news.

Peter was in our CC for a while and he was clearly a man who spoke his mind, often without a filter but always with sincerity. Sometimes he stepped over the line (who hasn't?) but he knew it, and he'd be the first to acknowledge it and make amends, which I respected.

It always seemed to me that he spoke and played with passion and enthusiasm which are no bad things in this life, and he was both loyal and supportive to his friends with a prominent sense of humour.

My condolences to his family and all who knew him.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:36 AM

I would like to thank everyone for there thoughts, memories and condolences.

In a week or so I will email Bridget with the link to this page......so please keep in on topic please.

Peter did speak his mind, in that respect I think we were long lost twins lol. Sometimes when we do that, we have spats...be he would never harbour a grudge.

He learned the hard way, that in the forum you could not call someone a pi$$ant.....but life is about the lesson learned.

He was fiercely loyal to his friends and what you saw is what you got......hard to ask for more than that!

Above all, he never sought pity, all he wanted was to be a peer, a friend and the best WGT'er he could be.

He succeeded on all three fronts.

@ sremlin - I could not agree more, ditch the ridiculous community spotlight and implement something along the lines of a celebratory page, past members, members who contributed to the game etc (past and present).

I think Peter would have preferred if we celebrated his life rather than mourn it.......that was just the type of person he was.

Alan

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 12:20 PM

R.I.P   Peter       .           Those of us long time  WGT members,with our older ages ,we see more and more good  friends ,members  , going to the big course up there .       Francois 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 12:23 PM

Very sad news.  Peter wasn't someone I knew well but certainly was someone I respected.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 12:51 PM

i had the pleasure of meeting peter by the way of colin and phil

always a good guy

god rest his soul

another wgt player on the great putting green in the sky

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:08 PM

alanti:

I would like to thank everyone for there thoughts, memories and condolences.

In a week or so I will email Bridget with the link to this page......so please keep in on topic please.

Alan I have sent you a friend request because I would like to share something in private regarding this very sad news, my heart goes out to his wife and family.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:36 PM

Here is what he posted on my Profile Page; it says a lot about an inspirational unselfish Gentleman, R.I.P. my friend.

petervcpt
    10 Feb 2017 @ 2:02 AM
    "Peterbilt8" 

Howzit

I just want to thank you for accepting him into your club. I gifted him some irons and he seems to be progressing nicely.

He's a great guy and a credit to your CC

Cheers,

Peter

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 1:44 PM

Just got home and saw this thread.  Condolences to Bridget and the family.  Peter will be sorely missed by his friends here.  RIP, my friend.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 5:10 PM

alanti:

I think Peter would have preferred if we celebrated his life rather than mourn it.......that was just the type of person he was.

Alan

Alan,

While I edited the above to conserve space, the full post said and conveyed everything most of us feel and would like to say.  You spoke very eloquently as a voice for all of us, especially the last line that I left intact.  Thank you for that.

Jeff (phred952) 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:59 PM

Peter was always fun to shoot with during an Alt-Shot.  I had the pleasure of meeting him via CT and an invite to a game.  We played a lot over the last month.  His attitude through his battle was very much like my brother Andy's attitude...BRAVE, COURAGEOUS, & HUMBLING.  God gained another good one.  RIP my dear friend.  Until I get my call.  Godspeed, Paul

RSS