Clash Prizes: Lottery System

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 19 2020 4:19 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 11:56 PM

alosso:
    To me, it's their most successful business idea to make money with little - almost zero - return.

Exactly! Look at the top 2 from this week, over 340k pts between them. Dont think I've seen as many before. From their POV, not broken at all.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 12:11 AM

just add a few more prizes to the list, Add a sleeve of balls for 3-10, then add a new "Clash ball" for 11-25. don't need much to make it work but give people stuff to aim for, unless you in the top 2/3 then there isn't much point trying for anything higher than 100.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 1:22 AM

alosso:
    To me, it's their most successful business idea to make money with little - almost zero - return.

Agreed on the successful business idea, but do you mean with almost zero return or costs?

Yet for it to be a success, there needs to be support.....that is what I struggle to understand. Virtually nothing tangible (and I will include the golden putter - it is no better than any top putter), zero Kudos, zero anything.....but a lot of players still play them.

Quite brilliant....but quite sad.

The company did seek feedback early on, yet chose to ignore it.....that resulted in a lot of players ignoring the clashes........imagine how much money they could have made.....but someone at WGT is not that bright..

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:59 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Why change if it aint broke?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 4:59 AM

Very little cost to set up from the off, and then roll it........As long as some go for it's easy money.

Incredible as most think getting a "winners badge" for spending the most is farce, some like the badge so much and actually see it as winning.  It's a market that's there and WGT will never be accused of not serving it, and as a for profit org doubt many would do different........

I guess running something that might actually be based on skill would be more difficult (cost).  We all also know the fuss whenever prizes that matter are on the line...........

• alosso
    21,036 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 7:12 AM

alanti:
    Agreed on the successful business idea, but do you mean with almost zero return or costs?

Yet for it to be a success, there needs to be support.....that is what I struggle to understand. Virtually nothing tangible (and I will include the golden putter - it is no better than any top putter), zero Kudos, zero anything.....but a lot of players still play them.

Like you, I meant, almost zero in return to the clients for their efforts - nothing tangible, excluding the Putter and Shot Pals. I include the Golden Calf with the tremendously high price tag, too - to me, it has no value - zero value - because it can't be sold back.

It always reminds me of the real Maserati which topped the Elite Shop before ;)

Support comes from the trap which is waiting for well-meaning kids. "Support your mates and your CC" points at a big human desire, for some, even stronger than self-preservation.

IMHO, it's another trap next to the grind which is inherent to the game.

But, hit it straight and have fun!!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Feb 11 2017 11:32 PM

And the winner of Clash Event #41...

is once again...

WGT

• Miranda485
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 1:07 PM

There are some lotteries that are really not worth playing, but there are some that can help you win few hundred dollars. My tactic is going to play online and always having the exact same numbers. It gives you more chance to win and it does not cost you a lot to play. You can try out 4D Lotto, it is really easy to play and it can keep you entertained for hours. We all know how boring it gets during the quarantine and having at least some fun is great.

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 4:14 PM
    Miranda485:

That is so funny.

Hmm how does a level 1 hack stumble across a 3 year old post. Interesting.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 4:19 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    Miranda485:

That is so funny.

Hmm how does a level 1 hack stumble across a 3 year old post. Interesting.

I call it illegitimate reincarnation. ;-) LOL

• PAGES
RSS