Help › Forums

Clash Prizes: Lottery System

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 19 2020 4:19 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:48 AM

Instead of giving the top prizes out simply by how the CC places, why not consider a lottery system similar to what the NBA does with its draft? The top-finishing CC would be the most heavily weighted, but it could extend down to the 10th spot receiving some chance.

If it were done that way, then there's actual value in finishing in the top 10 because each top-10 CC would still get a chance at the top prize. At the same time, however, there would still be enough incentive to finish first because that CC would have the best chance to win in the lottery. 

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:52 AM

Why change if it aint broke?

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 10:03 AM

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm suggesting a change because I think it is broke. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 12:57 PM

Robert1893:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I'm suggesting a change because I think it is broke. 

+1 Robert.  It's not broke only for The Georgian CC.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:19 PM

Ya,  Its broken big time ! 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 1:35 PM

Not broken for the WGT either. But it would help the clubs other than The Georgian to at least feel there might be a chance at the top prize. Just the idea that a 50 member club can compete on an even playing field with a 250 member club when the score earned is determined by how many people play using the country club pass system boggles the mind. There can be no even playing field and that is why so many clubs don't even enter the clashes. Currently Silver Dollar City is 20,000 behind in second and third is about 100,000 back. Until the event rules are changed or every member of The Georgian has a gold putter, consider the clashes as a feeble attempt to make players want to purchase passes.

Here is an idea: Instead of giving one pass every 12 hours and not giving any more until that one is used, allow them to accumulate. I use my first one on my first round and the second one is added in 12 hours. And 12 hours after that I get another which now gives me 2. Hold on, in a week I might have 7 in the bank that I could use in a clash, giving my club a chance.  Oh, forgot that WGT wouldn't get much extra income from pass sales, but think that might already be happening.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:11 PM

HackWilson1930:
    Oh, forgot that WGT wouldn't get much extra income from pass sales, but think that might already be happening.

It's astounding how many players buy passes "to support their CCs" - even if these are L15 and there is nothing to gain.

To me, it's their most successful business idea to make money with little - almost zero - return.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 3:31 PM

Dupes....

A game format that offers absolutely zero payout, benefit or even enjoyment for players. 

You're all like gerbils in the lab, the red light goes on, a sliding divider is pulled aside and away you all go. 

Shoot shoot shoot... xp xp xp, ching 'pass please' shoot shoot shoot..... sip of water, xp xp xp...... eeeeeeeeeee...  

I mean it doesn't even help your game because you're just belting the ball around like a friggin border collie with a tennis ball. 

lmao....but hey, whatever gets you off.....

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 3:47 PM

And that's totally unlike those who feel a need to respond to discussion threads on the topic. ;-) 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2017 5:28 PM

dedBuNNy:

Dupes....

A game format that offers absolutely zero payout, benefit or even enjoyment for players. 

You're all like gerbils in the lab, the red light goes on, a sliding divider is pulled aside and away you all go. 

Shoot shoot shoot... xp xp xp, ching 'pass please' shoot shoot shoot..... sip of water, xp xp xp...... eeeeeeeeeee...  

I mean it doesn't even help your game because you're just belting the ball around like a friggin border collie with a tennis ball. 

lmao....but hey, whatever gets you off.....

It's interesting that you can generalize about so many people when you don't even know anything about them.  I don't buy passes, and we don't ask our CC members to buy any.  I don't know of anyone who responded to this thread that does buy them.

I could say a lot more, but don't see any point in rolling in the mud with the likes of you.

Enjoy your game, if that's possible.

• PAGES
RSS