Forums

Help › Forums

play outta rough/sand

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 1 2009 1:24 AM (4 replies)
  • DJCue
    13 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 12:28 PM

heya's...just wanted to find out if it's just I am not good at the math or if the game sometimes is less accurate then at others. A few times now I have been close to green...just off by a foot or 2 in the rough....20-25% buried. Will have say 10Y to pin and my chip will go oh lets say 14 Yards...to me thats a no brainer and at full power to jus a lil under the distance should be about 11 to 10 yards depending how "little" I take off. So I take off what I calculate to be pretty close to 10 Yards...adjust for roll.....hit it almost perfect on meter...and it goes 14 yards? Is this because i missed meter by a hair, or is this a little glitch in game? If I am doin something wrong, please help...ruins a good round more then I like.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 2:49 PM

I hope the following is helpful in your quest toward a better short game. (1) Don't take the recommend "caddie advice", shot wise, as cogent. Many times the chip shows up and it should be a pitch. And vice-versa. (2) The pitch, as a rule, is best served at 75% of full power. That is to say a 14 yard shot with a 14 yard pitch, works well at 75% value. A chip is different. A 10 yard chip is, a 10 yard chip. (3) Before executing the shot choice, change clubs to putter and view the shot front and reverse to best determine the speed and break. Practice these simple but imperfect guidlines and experience a difference in your results.

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 4:35 PM

Thanks SP for the putter tool tip. It works great!

I am not sure what you mean by "a ten yard chip is a ten yard chip". I took that to mean yards on the swing meter, but my result are all over the map, long, short, ocassionally right. Also I seem to take a huge divot a lot on bad shots. Any ideas?

nhlett

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:19 PM

What a "10 yard chip, is a ten yard chip" means to me is this, I put "feet" in my explaination and it should have been "yards". Same with "pitch". Faux Pas....Neverless, the idea is to think in terms of a percentage in every shot. Then read the situation and allow for fine adjustments that take into consideration all available information that define the circumstances of that shot. Then hit, and hope. 

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2009 1:24 AM

Thanks SP.

I got the hope part down. It's the the hit part that is giving me trouble :-)

Nhlett

RSS