Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Purchase Problems In-Game Again

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 27 2020 7:55 PM (27 replies)
  • Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 4:11 PM

Beginning a round I found I had just run out of balls and took the option to purchase a new sleeve. The page went black and froze for a number of minutes with a rotating circle. I restarted the round and chose again to purchase within the game - same result.

After restarting the game, I went to the Pro Shop and purchased a new sleeve successfully.

The next day, I was informed that I had purchased 3 sleeves of balls and was charged 900 credits!

I guess I'm set for balls for awhile, but this has certainly screwed up my budget plans!

• Sulks007
    640 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 8:46 PM

The exact same thing happened to me while playing in a C.C.Clash  my ball was down to its  last couple of shots tried twice to purchase a new sleeve of balls,black screen,blue rotating circle but alas no Callys.

After finishing the round i then purchased a sleeve from the pro shop, after checking my inventory Bingo, 3 sleeves appeared 750 credits. 

For once am not short of a few balls either.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 10:06 PM

Contact customer service and explain what happened.  They might be willing to refund 2 of the sleeves.  I've always found CS to be very helpful the few times I've had a problem and needed their help.  If not no harm done.

A good routine to get into is always checking your equipment and balls before playing.  As you learned the hard way problems can pop up when buying them mid-round.

Good Luck,

phred952

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 1:37 AM

Capvideo:

Beginning a round I found I had just run out of balls and took the option to purchase a new sleeve. The page went black and froze for a number of minutes with a rotating circle. I restarted the round and chose again to purchase within the game - same result.

After restarting the game, I went to the Pro Shop and purchased a new sleeve successfully.

The next day, I was informed that I had purchased 3 sleeves of balls and was charged 900 credits!

I guess I'm set for balls for awhile, but this has certainly screwed up my budget plans!

Any time it appears that the buy now button didn't work I check my inventory and find in almost all cases that the purchase worked and I have the sleeve.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 1:51 AM

The title of the thread suggests you have had a problem buyiny in-game before..

Capvideo:
    Beginning a round I found I had just run out of balls and took the option to purchase a new sleeve. The page went black and froze for a number of minutes with a rotating circle

Alarm bells ringing ^ ?

Capvideo:
    I restarted the round and chose again to purchase within the game - same result.

Well that ^ just wasn't smart...

Capvideo:

Lesson learned !!  

CS will sort it for you tho  nw's :-)

• Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 10:23 AM

Same routine for me - this time, I had just received a challenge and jumped into it without checking.

• Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 10:27 AM

I checked my inventory first - there was nothing new there at that time.

• Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 10:31 AM

I had just responded to a challenge - when you start a challenge response, you can't leave the game or the challenge game is lost.  That's why I tried again to make the purchase without closing the browser.  So, in the end, not only did I not receive my sleeve(s), I also lost the challenge game and was never able to participate.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2017 12:42 PM

In game purchases can be an issue, so it is preferable to check your inventory before playing. but as pointed out CS will usually resolve issues pretty quickly.

Just an aside, for the OP, if budget is an issue, why buy CC Passes - they are a total waste and will not benefit your CC. Just use the free pass(es). If any CC forces members to buy them, I would recommend players look elsewhere (not that I think that is the case).

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jan 18 2017 1:15 AM

+1 to Alan and Andy

To the OP:

If you have ever played a round of real golf, before you chuck your bag into the boot of your car, don't you check you have enough balls, tees, a pencil (for your scorecard) etc?

Same here mate.

And to reiterate, Customer Services are very good with refunding, if you have made a mistake.

Cheers,

Peter

RSS