Wed, Nov 28 2018 12:09 PM (42 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 8:20 PM
    dchallenger:

mkg335:
    I'm not one of the aces

'nough said.

Indeed, I'm fine with being one of the flying deuces. (ala Laurel & Hardy)
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:40 PM

Aboogaba:

The 14 is a par hole  

No, it is not a par hole. If you lay up as far down the left, even in the rough, it is one of the 3 EASIEST wedges on WGT. Your danger is actually spinning the ball too much from that angle.

It is very hard down the right, but from the left, it's an auto up and down

• Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 4:21 AM

Iv been playing Pebble Beach computer golf for over 20 years   and i said that it is a par hole .    maybe you are from the golf channel many o them are par holes . maybe yu can show me  jst how easy yu birdy it. I just birdied it yesterday but i is still a par hole. I play every day just send me an invite and i wana see you birdie it ,,ya real easy like.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 9:59 AM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 6:20 PM

TopShelf2010:
    how in the bloody hell do you shoot a 166 at Pebble Beach?

You miss the putt on 18 for a 165. ;-) 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2018 10:03 AM

Robert1893:

TopShelf2010:
    how in the bloody hell do you shoot a 166 at Pebble Beach?

You miss the putt on 18 for a 165. ;-) 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 8:32 AM

Aboogaba:

Iv been playing Pebble Beach computer golf for over 20 years   and i said that it is a par hole .    maybe you are from the golf channel many o them are par holes . maybe yu can show me  jst how easy yu birdy it. I just birdied it yesterday but i is still a par hole. I play every day just send me an invite and i wana see you birdie it ,,ya real easy like.

Its very simple :

#1 Driver off the tee

#2 Either 3 wood or 3i from fairway and layup behind the bunker . Leave yourself a wedge shot . This shot will definitely be depending on the wind as to which club you use . The most important thing is to lay up on this shot .

#3 Play wedge by either punch or full attacking the pin from behind the bunker . Playing over the bunker is the easiest way to birdie the hole . If using spin then attack the pin from the right side . The green slopes from right to left .

If you play it this way then you can birdie the hole every time you play it .

• Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 7:49 PM

You statement is not complete . did you not see how I finished first place in the 18 hole Pebble Beach bracket tourney at the same time ??  . Did you not look at my activity ?? Did you not see my average ??   Did you not think for one second ,... I mean , ....did the thought not ever occur to you that I was just foolin around with the 166??      THUS ,  you should be asking how could I shoot a 166 and then win a tournament at the same time .  Well, here is the answer ,;  Its just one of those miracles .  Any way, I must mention, ya I birdie it now and then, but f I can par , then its big win ,...because.....PEBBLE BEACH 14 HOLE IS REALLY A BOGEY !! IT IS A BOGEY HOLE.!! 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 9:48 AM

Aboogaba:
    You statement is not complete . did you not see how I finished first place in the 18 hole Pebble Beach bracket tourney at the same time ??  . Did you not look at my activity ?? Did you not see my average ??   Did you not think for one second ,... I mean , ....did the thought not ever occur to you that I was just foolin around with the 166??      THUS ,  you should be asking how could I shoot a 166 and then win a tournament at the same time .  Well, here is the answer ,;  Its just one of those miracles .  Any way, I must mention, ya I birdie it now and then, but f I can par , then its big win ,...because.....PEBBLE BEACH 14 HOLE IS REALLY A BOGEY !! IT IS A BOGEY HOLE.!! 

• SeveFrost
    1,489 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 2:28 PM

Robert, this is based on me playing the hole in calm conditions and using a ten credit distance ball

I'll often hit a three wood to the corner making sure i stop short of the far rough and bunker. Then i'll try and hit to ninety yards short of the green so i can hit a full 56deg wedge on full backspin (so im hitting 100 yards). That normally leaves me a holeable putt

Biggest mistake is trying to cutt the corner off the tee and its pointless playing for the right side of the green with your second. Give the wedge method a go with your third and you may start loving the hole :.)

good luck

RSS