Country Club Pass

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2021 9:48 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 2:50 PM

YouLostToALoser:
    But I have a question about your open outspokenness about never buying cc passes. Your club is in a clash and it is close but nobody is available with the ability to get enough points and the ones who are don’t have passes.

In that very specific rare event, would it still be a never, or is that a possible ‘once in a blue moon’ (or England winning a football tournament) scenario were the best players buying a pass maybe worth it in order to win a tight clash?

To me, it's still a "no buy" situation. This is because I consider the Clash Events to be massive hype-creating events, designed to maximize the outcome for the company with minimum effort = rewards for the players.

IMHO, the prizes aren't worth any expenses, including the Golden Calf on top of it!

Edit:

If there aren't enough players then you won't contend anyway, and it's not fundamentally different if your CC ends in 660th or in 66th place.

Alas, if you think "it's not enough" for your personal reasons, then you may spend a pass or a fortune, as long as you have fun!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2020 2:37 AM

I think it comes down to the system you use to play WGT. We on mobile have never had the same options that pc players have had , ie match play, skins , etc , and as such have made the best of clashes and turf wars as there is little else . 

If we could all play all of the types of matches then maybe the need to buy passes would be alleviated.  

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 7:40 AM

Hi there

Sorry to trouble you again, but you seam to be a ‘go to guy’ when it comes to many things, especially that of Passes.

My CC Owner is very determined to win Turf Wars (and Clashes but as we are playing another Turf War, I’ll stick to that but relate to both, really).

This is at the expense of getting players to use their credits more wisely, like equipment, to better their games, tier up and eventually be able to play in Turf Wars, but I don’t think he understands and/or doesn’t care.

He made me a Director less than 100 days after joining when we hit lvl for 5 ‘officers’ so I am highlighted and can’t ‘hide’ from playing. I’m trying to save as many credits as I can, so that when I reach ~lvl 96|101, I can overhaul my entire bag with highest level clubs, then choose a better ball to play with that I can maintain without too much expense.

The club has flourished recently with quite a few new players in a short period of time, (171st in last Clash) But is this short term gain worth the buying of passes or gifting them? For example he basically shamed me into gifting another player a pass as I told him I was short on coins. 37cr gone, in the last Turf War and if this happens again, I’m stuck because it will ruin my carefully thought out (although simple) strategy.

I’m on day 125 and played everyday from the first day I started on Oct 5th 2020. I’m lvl 89 Tour Master and reached that just 1 month after the owner did, albeit he has been on since mid 2017 and is lvl 94 (and has been since I can remember).

I’m ahead of him in the XP contribution as I create a Tournement to play to get the most Xp’s from the free passes, the first one to my knowledge to even create Tournaments in the club, never mind 7 day 18 holers on green speeds that I will be facing in future (Tournament Speed atm), other players use it to ‘get their avg down, but I admit I play in those too, even from the front tee’s with slow or standard greens, front 9 1 day and the next day the back 9 holes. 

Any ideas on avoiding this situation in the future?

ps sorry for the long winded wordy question but a part is just me offloading as I don’t want to cause tensions in the club by sharing with other club mates. I feel you are trustworthy as many people turn to you and your answers seam sincere and wouldn’t ever go behind someone’s back and say what someone has said about them.

I want the club to succeed, i’ve put a lot in.I like the other members, inc the owner. Just disagree on this and can’t seam to be able to get across to him my strategy for delayed gratification that will be far better than the current model of instant gratification...given patience.

Also, being a Director doesn’t seam to grant any extras, like info that other members get, and veterans get super passes too, and he’s made about 25 people veteran status already. Is that normal or can the Owner give extra benefits and/or info to the Directors?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 11:01 AM

YouLostToALoser:
    Hi there
    Who? a... or b...?

I fear that you are in a multi-sided trap, against your personal interest...

You see CC success behind the passes&levels, you are flattered by your roll, and you have an owner pressing credits from you for his goals!

And here am I, supporting none of that. CC success is beyond pressing, "director" is but a name(*), and an owner shouldn't own you IMHO.

I told you already what I think about these "CC pass" events and their "prizes". Not worth a Penny to me!

Apart from that, some assessment of goals seems necessary. IMNSHO, your CC has anything it needs, Level 9, plenty open member spaces and the capacities to grow. Looking at the immense progression of numbers, it's unrealistic to thrive for L20 or so. You should rather have fun together, play the game, spend the free passes and ENJOY!

YouLostToALoser:
    being a Director doesn’t seam to grant any extras, like info that other members get, and veterans get super passes too, and he’s made about 25 people veteran status already. Is that normal or can the Owner give extra benefits and/or info to the Directors?

IMHO, Director is more a task than a benefit. You are highlighted in the CC, members or the owner might contact you for your opinion or you concentrate on certain aspects and tasks of CC life, like tournaments or handicaps or free beers. But, you can do all of that without being a Director.

In the Owner Tools, there is a matrix with the four member types and seven "Permissions":

Use Super Passes:
    Create Tournaments:
    Publish Tournaments with Custom Courses:
    Manage Custom Courses:
    Update Club Messages:
    Email All Members:
    Invite New Members:

Any member type can get the same permissions from the owner. The only difference in Directors is their limited number.

In my CC, there's no Director. Good and active players become Veterans and can play the Super Passes. All members may create tournaments, and noobs are Recruits (by WGT default) with no permissions, for a few weeks.

Please come back with ideas and questions...

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 12:13 PM

Alosso

Sorry, I guess a? ;)

I should have stated the intended recipient, but thanks for your response.

As I stated I am new to the game, relatively speaking, for the position I’m in, and love the competitive nature of the game. However, I think their are enough Tournements etc to fulfil that for now, and think we need our most improving players to get more experience and get to higher tiers to compete on the Top 50.

That may sound a little arragant and/or pretentious probably because it is, but it’s in my nature to want to get the best out of whatever I do. That’s why I seek out people like you, who has stood out on these forums in the month or two I’ve been seeking answers to questions I have.

Thanks for the info on what Owners, Directors, Veterans and Members can do and have access to, as I obviously have no idea.

But, after posting, I think my major problem is I’m not getting the coins I’m entitled to for wins in the coin room and that puts pressure on playing in Turf Wars (Clashes are fine I guess).

An example is if I play the 10k room, and win, I don’t get the 16k winnings, I only get 6k. So I’m betting 10k to win 6k. That’s a pretty high win rate to maintain. Not worked it out precisely but higher than the 55.5% under ‘normal’ circumstances.

Due to not having the time to build my coin balance and buying aperel that I don’t use A classic rookie error but I’ve settled on what I want and am pursuing those... 4 level 8 and a level 7 with 2 level 9’s ready for upgrades that I can’t afford. Just bad coin management and I accept that.

But I can chastise myself and take responsibility all I want, but that isn’t going to rectify anything, just take away from the enjoyment of the game. That’s why I am carefully managing my Credit balance (just won a club Tournement for 270cr which is nice).

I’ve tried emailing WGT, trying to get WGT CHAMPIONS attention on here and used the help in the website...so far to no avail. 

This has been going on for a good few weeks now and I don’t know what else to do?

Any suggestions or do I just sit it out and wait?

I have plenty of screenshots of before and after matches proving the case this is happening.

It’s also making me a bit paranoid as to why this is happening. My logical,side says it’s just a glitch which all technology has, but my emotions override that at times (as they tend to do) and fear I may be being punished for something.

As I said, I just don’t know and as ever that’s the worst part.

Thanks for being a good source of invaluable information and also a shoulder to cry on...

Sincerely

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 6:39 AM

The returns you get in the coin rooms are as you say . You put up a stake of say 20k in Rio , and win 36k , being 16 k winnings plus return of your stake. One thing you can try and do is get as many of your apparel that give coin enhancements to maximum level. Top golf for example. For example I play in Rio , but when I win , I don’t win 36k I win 42.5k .even in Chelsea instead of winning 800 I win 1066. In Manhattan instead of winning 180k I win 220k. It mounts up over time if you concentrate  on getting to max level on apparel for the enhancements you feel are most important. 
    obviously it costs coins to upgrade apparel , but long term you do eventually earn it back.  

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 9:48 AM

YouLostToALoser:
    But, after posting, I think my major problem is I’m not getting the coins I’m entitled to for wins in the coin room and that puts pressure on playing in Turf Wars (Clashes are fine I guess).

An example is if I play the 10k room, and win, I don’t get the 16k winnings, I only get 6k. So I’m betting 10k to win 6k. That’s a pretty high win rate to maintain. Not worked it out precisely but higher than the 55.5% under ‘normal’ circumstances.

This is with coins as it is with credits. You give 10, WGT takes 2 (x2), so your bet is 8. You win and receive the 8 from your opponent.

Balances are:
    Loser -10
    WGT +4
    Winner +6

Rinse and repeat, the overall winner is....???

YouLostToALoser:
    coin balance
    Can't tell about that because I'm a Flash traditionalist. In my ignorance, I deem coins a worthless currency (at least, worth less than credits).

YouLostToALoser:
    Credit balance
    This buys clubs and balls, and CC passes only take away from it - for nothing, IMHO!

• PAGES
RSS