Courses

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 4 2009 9:28 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sdb1042
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:00 PM

Hey,

New to this.  Are the courses that are closed to stroke play somehow opened up, or are they just CTTH?  Thanks for any input or suggestions.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:07 PM

Just CTTH. Much more info in the Search box to the right, enter new courses. (There are no new courses except the 2 current ones.)

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:18 PM

Booooo.!!!!

• steelerspens
    33 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 8:40 PM

That actually isnt a bad idea.  you have to unlock the courses!! that would be cool

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 4:01 PM

It would be nice to have about 20 courses on here.  I don't like the unlock feature, I think that everyone should have access for the sake of tournaments and contests.  I would like to see Sawgrass, Harbour Town and some others.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 5:58 PM

Why would you want to unlock courses?? I dont really like that. Everyone should be able to play the same course. And if they ever have that, how will you unlock a course

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 1:34 AM

Over at TWO, you must attain certain objectives (there are 40 of them per course). For example, "Hit a drive of over XXX yards". Once you manage to complete a set of objectives from the easiest tees with moderate wind & easy pin placements, that will "unlock" the more difiicult features of the course for you, like championship tees, strong wind & difficult pin placements, and it will also allow you to increase the average distances you hit with your clubs.

It's a different approach from the one used here at WGT, but I can't say any of the two approaches is better than the other. It's just different.

• justpete
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 6:33 AM

sorry, what's TWO?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 6:58 AM

TWO is Tiger Woods Online, the new online competitor for this WGT golf game. I claim that at this point, TWO is still very much inferior compared to WGT, but others believe differently.  

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 7:27 AM

SDB1042.....  To answer your question... the only two courses open for stroke play to this date are Bethpage Black and Kiawah Island.  The others are only open for ctth since their induction.  St. Andrews is only here for the British Open Competition, Lake Tahoe Edgewood for another tournament, and Wolf Creek and Bali Hai have only been ctth.  I've been disappointed that they don't have stroke play for these yet since the ctth competitions have been on here for half a year or more for at least Bali and Wolf.  I'm sure in time they will have more stroke play courses. 

• PAGES
RSS