Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:31 PM (23 replies)
  • Artemusbuddy
    417 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 8:31 AM

Hopefully this would get passed along to the powers that be.

A wild thought, but what if we had more avatars to choose from. Some off the walls ideas. Avatars that can break a club over knee or chuck it somewhere on bad shots. Remove cap and wave to crowd on birdies and eagles. Professional based avatars like doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, etc.

Sports team related uniforms. Naturally permissions would be needed for licensing. Maybe even  animal themed avatars.

I know this doesn't coincide with the realistic play of golf, but how cool would it be to have one of these avatars.

Thanks.

Appreciate all the replies. Kind of funny that on the off the wall topics several people want to add their opinions. However, when a more serious posting is listed regarding tips on game play, lies, club usage, how to play out of bunkers, flop vs. chip, etc, Far less players comment on those topics. Yabba dabba doo

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 8:40 AM

Artemusbuddy:

A wild thought, but what if we had more avatars to choose from. Some off the walls ideas. Avatars that can break a club over knee or chuck it somewhere on bad shots. Remove cap and wave to crowd on birdies and eagles. Professional based avatars like doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, etc.

Sports team related uniforms. Naturally permissions would be needed for licensing. Maybe even  animal themed avatars.

I know this doesn't coincide with the realistic play of golf, but how cool would it be to have one of these avatars?

This cool -

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 8:56 AM

Different avatars would be cool but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Especially if you're awaiting ones that show emotions.  Changing the appearance of one is probably pretty easy, programming entirely new movements is another matter.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 11:31 AM

Artemusbuddy:
    I know this doesn't coincide with the realistic play of golf, but how cool would it be to have one of these avatars.

Not cool at all IMHO.

This game has become more and more cartoonish......it might appease someone with  either an IQ or age under 10.......but if they did this I would rather play Candy Crush....

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 12:44 PM

I had been hoping for an (at least temporary) avatar of Christmas cheer, for free.  Like maybe this?Related image

But, knowing wgt's programmers' proclivities for female avatars, I suppose it would have wound up being this, so never mind.

Related image

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 5:22 PM

Gimmicky.  That's how it sounds.

Tiger Woods Golf did the whole, hat off, wavng avatar thing.  They've both disappeared.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 8:22 AM

Oh yes, please, we need that so badly. After gnomes and whatnots in the clashes and a strange voice from the background that tells us something about garden spots, and after kitten balls, that say miouw when you punish their faces with a golf club, we should also have some new avatars. A Mickey Mouse avatar and a Donald Duck avatar. A Fred Flintstone avatar that plays with a stone on a stick. And some new courses by the way. Such an arctic ice course, and a moon course without gravity, and a Barbie-World course, where pink unicorns with blinky eyes flying over the fairways and the greens, shiteing golden coins out of their backs to keep us all satisfied. And at least we change the game from golf to quidditch.

Nope? No gobblins and orks and such? Ok, then let`s play a nice round of golf.

• kensabre10
    2,885 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 8:40 AM

how totally ridiculous! 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:41 AM

LMAO ostfriedel!

The WGT "ideas team" will love these ideas, and in fact, you might get an employment offer after that.

I am guessing they will be pleased to see they are on the right course.....

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:51 AM

I want the shot clock removed and instead have a horde of zombies getting nearer and nearer your avatar as time runs out.

Time out twice, you get eaten and removed from the round.

RSS