Forums

Help › Forums

Help Wanted...Santas Needed, Christmas 2016

Sat, Jan 14 2017 4:10 PM (38 replies)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 3:04 PM

Count me in Wayne, I am very happy to support Dennis's cause in his memory.

Merry Christmas and I will see you down at Fenwick in the spring for some real golf.

Frank

• rockinrobyn
    400 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2016 8:44 PM

very nice of you to do that for Andy.. i didn't know him at all.. but sounds like a very talented guy and had fun friends from WGT  ..i'm sure he appreciates what you did for him..and that is the true meaning of Christmas.... Merry Christmas All.. ♥

Robyn

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2016 4:53 PM

Dear MrCaddie ,,    Thank you for this years Event ..    

OPY 

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2016 7:37 PM

Thank you to everyone that joined this thread and participated in this event...true friends all.

I'm going to honor Andy's request on Christmas Day and hopefully between now and then a few more members of the community will join this event honoring our friend.

MC

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:46 AM

mrcaddie:
    I'm going to honor Andy's request on Christmas Day and hopefully between now and then a few more members of the community will join this event honoring our friend.

As will I, but probably Christmas Eve.

I am so pleased you took this initiative this year Wayne, and having read old threads from last year, with people posting and putting their hands out begging (without even reading the thread)......it is a much better idea.

I know it probably is not what a lot of bludgers wanted.....but I think they need to have a hard look in the mirror!

I hope more people do join the thread, donate or offer what they can or in whatever way they can - Christmas is about giving....

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2016 12:30 PM

Thanks Paul!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 9:42 AM

Merry Christmas all,

It has been brought to my attention that there are some in the community that would have liked to have participated in this event but were unable to because they weren't able to make a direct donation to springerrescue.com for whatever reason, and I don't need to know what that reason is. It may be that they had hoped to use credits for this event and obviously that's not possible this year, so let me see if I can help.

Here's my proposal-

To anyone that is currently on my friends list, as of this writing, who falls into the category I mentioned above...send me a private message and let me know you wanted to participate and I will add $1 to my final donation to springerrescue.com in your name. For those of you that are regular contributors to the forums that I know and for whatever reason we're not on each others friends list ...send me a friend request and if I accept I'll add $1 for you as well.

I had planned to make my donation on Christmas day but I'll hold off until New Years Eve as many of you are already celebrating and may not get a chance to see this.

Please help keep this on the front page so that others may join us.

Merry Christmas.

MC

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 3:52 PM

Another wonderful thing you're doing, MC. I apologise for not doing it this way, but I honoured Dennis a slightly different way. I hope he'd be ok with that.

The missus and I have been giving to our local animal shelter (dogs and cats) whatever we could, be it food or blankets or toys. We got our current cat from there in beginning of April, a few months after my previous cat had passed. I swore myself I wouldn't have another for a long time. We were just dropping off a few toys that day, when this young white&grey tiger cat stuck out his paw out of his cage and tagged me when I was walking by. And that was that.

So this year we decided we'll double the money and gave them around 75 kilos (cca 160 lbs) of cat and dog food, along with some large bags of treats.

I'm Slovenian, I don't know if I could donate to springerrescue directly, nor do we have 1 in our country. But this is the only animal shelter in our capitol and the better part of it operates through donations only. They need all that they can get, I choose to believe Dennis would be fine with this.

Merry Christmas to all

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 4:19 PM

Transaction completed....in Memory of Andyson.. Happy Holidays to all.     R

General Information   
    -------------------------------------   
    Merchant Account: ENGLISH SPRINGER RESCUE AMERICA   
    Date/Time : 12/24/2016 6:12:24 PM CST   

-------------------------------------   
    Transaction Information

Order ID : 3417442767   

Description : DONATION

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 5:36 PM

I was at the Vets office to pick up the Med,s for my cat the other day . Dr Munz is one of them that the pet comes first , There have been many time when I didnt have the money to pay the bill in full that day . He would say its OK  ,, Pay what you can when you can .

I told him Thank you for all the years and would like to pay some Xtra . I said this is in the name of a Friend called Andyson .   He told me that he knew just what to do and who it could help right now .  

OPY

RSS