Help › Forums

What is required to advance to Champion

Tue, Dec 13 2022 10:45 AM (39 replies)
  • bobajiro
    826 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 6:40 AM

Robert1893:

Shyoneclub:
    What mark?  I play from the CHAMPIONS tees, not the Ladies tees...........OUCH

Dude, you missed the point of the the post and much of this thread. But that's OK. You seem to think that you've really accomplished something. 

Good for you! 

Btw, if you really want to compare, I'd be happy to do so. In an Excel spreadsheet, I have all of my scores from Legend tier and Tour Legend tier. While there a few "ladies tees" rounds in the Tour Legend scores, over 90% are from the default tees. 

In other words, I got to Champion tier by playing the default tees. But here's the thing: who cares? Moreover, after achieving Champion tier I became a lot less interested in my average and a lot more interested in having fun and supporting my CC by getting involved in the CC tournaments that they set up. 

So, yes, I play a few of those tournaments. Even so, you will never see me "bragging" about my average (rightfully so!) or about being at Champion tier. Other than myself (and my wife because she has to), no one else cares. 

wow, you mean you keep a spreadsheet that records all of your scores?!! That is serious commitment fair play to ya!

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 7:53 AM

bobajiro:
    wow, you mean you keep a spreadsheet that records all of your scores?!! That is serious commitment fair play to ya!

Yeah, I'm a numbers guy. So, I like looking at the numbers and keeping track. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:44 AM

Robert1893:
    Yeah, I'm a numbers guy. So, I like looking at the numbers and keeping track. 

Is your last name Cratchit by any chance? LOL   ;-)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:52 AM

Par 

Hawque:

I too am in the same boat. A member of my club recently went champion and he thought it was around 225 games and 59. I am under 57 and over 250 RR and have yet to tier up. I sent WGT an email and the stated while they keep such information secret they would say it takes over 200 RR at 59 and then they sent me an email asking about how I liked the service lol 😂 

Any rounds played on a par 3 or par 5 courses won’t count toward your average or saturation. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 9:42 PM

Add CC Custom Courses (?and the "US Open"?) as excluded.

• boeling
    320 Posts
    Wed, May 2 2018 10:38 PM

if u like to play with friends or alternate(stay at TL)

if u hate socity (champion say: hi and welcome ) ev1 dont like to play with champion ()

............u choice.............       :D

Takecare guy

Boe :)

• Dorkboy1
    555 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:23 AM

I agree. I have more than 200 rounds since turning tour legend and my average is 57.88 so something is wrong about that. I’ve sent a message about it to wgt. Waiting to hear back from them. Frustrating after all that work to get there. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:57 AM

Dorkboy1:
    I agree. I have more than 200 rounds since turning tour legend and my average is 57.88 so something is wrong about that. I’ve sent a message about it to wgt. Waiting to hear back from them. Frustrating after all that work to get there. 

I see you play a lot of custom courses and par 3s, which is (of course) fine. But none of those count toward average or as ranked rounds for purposes of saturation. 

Are you sure you have 200+ ranked rounds that count toward average? 

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2022 11:41 AM

alosso:

Congrats! (unreachable for me)

It's 59.00 avg and 200 RRs.

Kinda got screwed on this...it’s 750 rr’s now. Still 59.0 ans under average. But 750 rounds! I’m only half way through, just clinging to 59.- - ave,  I can’t play so much due to the price of balls and I use the cheapest ‘high end, TM TP5 92 @ 650cr. 9 months since I made Tor Legend. I made Legend from starting in 4months.

Only paid $12 in total to get the benefit (balls and a pass or something) so rely on ads and winnings to maintain my ball supply. Be better when I get to 102 and the final driver. Then it’s only balls I need worry about.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2022 10:45 AM

YouLostToALoser:

Kinda got screwed on this...it’s 750 rr’s now. Still 59.0 ans under average. But 750 rounds! I’m only half way through, just clinging to 59.

9 months since I made Tor Legend. I made Legend from starting in 4months.

Timing sounds right...I too advanced to L in about 3-4mo then TL was 5-6mo and nearly a year before I advanced to C which was 2 years ago now.

I wouldn't worry to much about average, once you saturate your average will fall regardless. Just shoot your game and try to get as many in as possible.

RSS