• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 1:05 PM

+1 Robert.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 5:12 PM

WStdenis:
    well if that was true i be a champ already i have over 250 ranked as tl n a 57 avg and have not turned

I believe the 200 ranked rounds have to be from the time Champion tier was announced. The new tier was announced in July 2015. 

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 6:49 PM

There seems to be a bit of confusion for reaching Champion.  The 59.00 average is definitely the case, but, the referenced 200 ranked rounds is only for those that were TL already when it was announced.   I was a Legend when Champ Tier was created.  Shortly there after I turned TL.  It takes 500 ranked rounds as a TL.  I tracked it to the round and average and turned Champ at the 59.00 average which I reached a couple of times before 500 RR but nce I had the 500 and got there again I tiered up  So 500 RR and 59 Avg.

HAPPY GOLFING !!

• joemt825
    124 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 9:28 PM

There's also the Champ hazing ritual to get through.  Your avatar has to play a round in his underwear.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 2:12 AM

Robert1893:

CarloWise:
    How the heck do others do it? 

Basically, there are two approaches.

The one approach requires (for most people) a considerable amount of time. As others have already noted, your average will saturate at 200 rounds. If you play default tees, then the process of getting to Champion will probably take a lot of time because you will have to shoot sub-30 rounds (if you play 9 holes) or sub-60 rounds if you play 18. Clearly, that can be done, but it will take a while to get there.

A lot of people have taken that approach and have made Champion. Indeed, many of those individuals have averages that are well below 59. They're very knowledgable about the game and are excellent players. In my opinion, they are to admired and commended. My hat is off to them. I can see myself getting to Tour Legend (towards the end of next year), but getting to Champion will be a bit of a reach for me. If I do get to Champion, it will probably take a good 2 years after I reach Tour Legend. 

The second approach is one that others take. Saturation is still at 200 rounds. That doesn't change. But what they do is to play a lot of country club red-tee tournaments. In other words, they don't play from the default tees. Taking that approach will get one to Champion much faster. And if that's the way they want to get there, I suppose that's fine.

The only issue I ever have with red-tee Champions is when they seem to take pride in the fact that they are at Champion tier. But I think it's simply a vanity average. To me, it's like having a self-published book from a vanity publisher and then going out and bragging that one is a published author. OK. Fine. Technically, that's true. But still....

That's just my take; others may differ. 

+1 Robert.

However the occasional tourney played from different tees every now and again is a nice change.  

There are many here who have a very different opinion and they will argue passionately that the " Red Tee " route is perfectly permissible, no rules saying otherwise that I know of ! 

Stick to your principles and enjoy your golf

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 7:48 AM

Fencer100:
    However the occasional tourney played from different tees every now and again is a nice change

I absolutely agree. Playing from the red tees with excellent equipment can be really fun. I do that in practice mode all the time, just to see how low I can shoot. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 12:15 PM

Fencer100:
    However the occasional tourney played from different tees every now and again is a nice change.

Heh, our CC throws a few of those in the middle of multi-round tournaments and it never fails to catch me off guard. Not doing it very often can get you in some trouble. LOL

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2016 3:37 PM

The TD in ur club sucks, get a new one.

• TAALASKA1
    148 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 8:33 PM

AGREE...KICK MOST CHAMPIONS ASSES..ENOUGH SAID.

ONE BADARSE PLAYER

TAALASKA1

• Shyoneclub
    62 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 2:04 PM

Need to distinctive Champion categories.  One is a Club Champion, the other is simply CHAMPION for those who have NEVER been a member of a CC and have NEVER hit a ball from the Ladies tee

RSS