Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.

Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:58 PM (39 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:03 AM

Well, it's over! It has been my honour and pleasure to organise and host this event.

I think the discussion thread led us to a very successful format which despite a few hiccups, was fairly easy to run...

But only because I had a lot of people helping  along the way. So from me, a huge personal thank you to these guys - 

WigerToods, C.Everett, ScottHope, Bery111, Twominusone.

I'm sure I've missed a few names that helped me a lot (sorry, old stoner brain!) and some other people helped by posting on my wall and messaging me to keep me on track, all of you have my sincere thanks.

Sounds like we got the final that this tournament deserved, great play from both guys. Dave (onekeano) has been outstanding, joint winner (with Adeypa) of the strokeplay event and then making the MP final only to lose on extra holes. Huge congratulions to him.

Getting to the final and then beating Dave shows how good a player Jure (mkrizan86) really is. Very, very well played Jure. For the next year you are officially the man!

p.s. Bery is holding the last final, final match of this whole lollapalooza...

THE HINGE AND BRACKET FINAL, FINAL

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 10:47 AM

Paul,

Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put in to make this event happen. It was incredible. I've put together similar events on WGT and I know how much of a toll it can take on your personal life and I applaud your effort.

Through your efforts I was able to make not only a new virtual friend but a new friend IRL with Mystry78, who I had the pleasure of playing with. As stated in another thread, he doesn't live that far from me and I hope come next Spring we'll be able to play some real golf with each other. That would never have happened without you putting this event together, so I thank you for that.

To those who helped Paul pull this off...I thank you as well.

R.I.P. Andyson

MC

Edit- Congrats to Jure, well played.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 12:13 PM

You are AWESOME, all of you!

These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.

Well done!!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 9:05 PM

alosso:

You are AWESOME, all of you!

These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.

Well done!!

+1000.  I can' think of anything else to include with what alosso said above, except that I'm proud to have participated in this wonderful tribute to our friend.  Thank you everyone for your hard work to make this come off. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 1:13 AM

A fabulous effort by all concerned. It takes a lot of work to put together something like this so a huge thank you to Paul & Co. Well done!  ; )

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:46 AM

thanks to paul and all who helped him out,great tourney in memory of a lovely man

congrats to jure on a great win (i know how hard it is to beat dave,unlucky m8) and well done to all who participated in both comps

cheers     mark.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:55 AM

Well done Guys !  You all came together and put on a great tournament , Andyson would be proud !  Congratulations to the winners , Thank you Paul and Co.  And everyone who participated .... 

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:27 AM

photo 806e825a-54de-4220-89ae-8d6bc15977b6_zps9fhndiov.jpg

Well done to all who participated. Kudos to Paul & Bery for their commitment, and congrats to the winners.

Doc :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:18 AM

Thank you all for the kind comments, the best thing about all of this is the spirit in which we all came together and made this fun event a fitting tribute to Dennis.

For everyone involved -

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Doc Moose for giving me ideas to inspire the in thread graphics.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:04 PM

Awesome job to everyone involved in putting these tribute tournaments together.

Through all your hard work and efforts, this turned into something special which is apt for such a tremendous contributor to the community.

A special thanks to all the players and community for getting behind this, I made new friends, reacquainted with old ones.......and we reminisced about the great times Dennis bestowed upon us.

I certainly felt proud to be a member of this community once again, and that is what makes it such a good place - the people who actually make this game great.

It took a community effort to honour Dennis and everyone should feel proud. I am sure Dennis looked down and was humbled.

Congratulations to all the official winners, but in my book, every player who participated is a winner.

Three cheers for everyone!

RSS