Simplest Course

Tue, Jan 4 2022 2:58 PM (34 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 2:33 PM

• jcgiles
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 8:02 AM

I started playing last June and was very active early on. I would play coin rooms and all the courses but I would play in my club's 9hole average setter tournament at Kiawah from easy tees with easy pins, low wind and fast greens a few times a day to drive my average down.  I got to TM in the high 50s or low 60s iirc with low level cobra woods and irons and the lower version of the cleveland wedges (still using them). I upgraded my irons in the mid 50s and then when I got to level 85 and still TM I bought the Callaway Epic Flash Driver and 3w and with the added distance to my drives I became legend soon after it. First round I played was a huge wake up call to how much I didnt know courses or greens because I was hitting wedges in to all of them and now I'm hitting 5irons and lower. It ruined playing free tourneys for me and almost the entire game to where I was just playing coin rooms a couple times a day. I recently started playing a little more lately with the weather being shite where I'm at. You can either level up quick by sandbagging and have it catch up to you when you hit legend or you can put the work in and let your skills do it 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 4:54 PM
    Andys, Kiawah, WC
  • BigBlockVettes
    686 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 1:33 PM

This post is over 3 years old, Players have grown A bit since then Pick & choose your fights so to speak.

• Spelunker69
    68 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2022 2:58 PM

I totally agree, no hurry to tier up , I try to play all the courses as it rounds out my game, except maybe Chambers as I find the greens and pin placements too frustrating at tourney 12+ conds. 

St Andrews provides many eagle opportunities if the wind is right, Wolf Creek also if you can get the math right on the elevations, however the greens on WC can be tough if you land behind most of the pins.

RSS