Simplest Course

Tue, Jan 4 2022 2:58 PM (34 replies)
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:06 PM

MainzMan:
    A level 94 tour master

I didn't even care to look it up.

For this guy I propose to play Kiawah - also quite easy as a TM.

For both courses, I wish you luck when you tier up!

• frisco8834
    33 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 2:19 PM

All,

Thanks for the philosophical guidance and moral compass. I understand your comments and concerns. I will take them under advisement.

Perhaps I should have worded my question differently to avoid the moral outcry and ire. I'll just drop it as is.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:51 PM

MainzMan:

WTF? A level 94 tour master is asking how to make the game easier?

Give up.  You're clearly utterly shite.

LMAO. Remember those TM days when it was driver/wedge golf? 28s and 29s were automatic at SA.  Nothing even close to that in the OP's score history.  You might be onto something there, Damien.  ;-)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 6:21 PM

YankeeJim:

MainzMan:

WTF? A level 94 tour master is asking how to make the game easier?

Give up.  You're clearly utterly shite.

LMAO. Remember those TM days when it was driver/wedge golf? 28s and 29s were automatic at SA.  Nothing even close to that in the OP's score history.  You might be onto something there, Damien.  ;-)

From looking at his score history I don't even see scores good enough to make TM.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 7:19 PM

Agreed that playing the easiest course over and over isn't the best idea.

However, why all of you jumping all over this player is beyond me, and yeah I get it I'm new but so what doesn't mean anything.

1) If someone chooses to play the same course to artificially lower their average, why do any of you care?

2) Moreover, who are any of you to tell anyone else how they should play?

The advice at the start of the thread is sound, but nothing beyond that AND what the easiest course is, should be in here.  Calling a player "shite"; get a grip.

Surprised WGT would allow that nonsense.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:29 PM

Might be a mobile-only player. I see TPs and such there with 150 averages.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:40 PM

alanti:
    Advising players to play only the easiest of courses is terrible advice.

Im allergic to most courses but I steer clear of that fiasco that is Robin Hoods girlfriend

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 10:33 PM

gsoup:
    Im allergic to most courses but I steer clear of that fiasco that is Robin Hoods girlfriend

LOL - nothing a good bulldozer could not fix!

I refuse to play Par threes, apart from that...I too have allergies against most of the courses....but I play them....a challenge I believe it is called.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:36 AM

frisco8834:

All,

Thanks for the philosophical guidance and moral compass. I understand your comments and concerns. I will take them under advisement.

Perhaps I should have worded my question differently to avoid the moral outcry and ire. I'll just drop it as is.

Sorry for my outburst yesterday, the devil had me in his grip once again.

Seriously and soberly this time, I strongly advise against looking for the easiest course to lower your average on.  You may well become a wizard at St. Andrews or wherever you choose but, one day, someone will invite you to play somewhere else and you're going to feel foolish as you hack your way around.  Or you won't accept the invitation, which would be even more of a shame.

You have to go out and spend a fairly even amount of time on every course.  Sure, some of them will be tougher to play and you won't walk away with such a positive feeling as if you'd gone back to your favourite but, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your way round the other courses.  Chances are you'll never be able to post quite such good scores as you do at your favourite but most of us are in that boat with you.

And the funny thing is, your favourite course may well change.  Early on Bethpage seems seriously difficult to post a good score on, once you reach legend tier you may well find it becomes your go to course when you want a good score under your belt. 

I read so many posts from people asking for more courses to play on, then read some from people who only play 2 or 3 of those we have.  This is such a waste.

Go out there and try them all.  The satisfaction of finally taming a course like Oakmont or Olympic is well worth working for.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:35 AM

"Nail on the head" Mainz

RSS