Help › Forums

jumping meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 18 2016 11:42 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • moondogsnr
    6 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:05 PM

can anyone explain to me the reason the meter jumps and how to stop it .

Thanks    Moondogsnr

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2016 10:51 AM

Only about 6 million threads on this subject. Search for meter and prepare for hours of reading.

If it just happens occasionally, a "practice swing" or two will clear it up.

If it's a constant, it's a browser issue, or a Flash issue, or something else going on in the background to mess up your computer. Despite what all too many people will tell you, it is NOT a WGT issue.

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2016 1:56 PM

K7JBQ:

it is NOT a WGT issue.

I don't care what anyone says, sometimes it is WGT.   You can minimise it at your end by ensuring your computer is running the minimum processes as the other threads will tell how to do. scheduled tasks, updates etc need to be stopped during gameplay!  Or you can just clear your cache and update flash like WGT advise on most issues  (even medical ones!)

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 2:25 AM

How about adding www.wgt.com to the trusted url's of your antivirus to stop it scanning the game during play. (Suggested by wgt somewhere but I can't find it now).

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 12:33 PM

ScottHope:

How about adding www.wgt.com to the trusted url's of your antivirus to stop it scanning the game during play. (Suggested by wgt somewhere but I can't find it now).

Doing that won't help if the Antivirus program is set to scan during the time that you are playing. Just disable your antivirus program while playing and enable it when you stop. I believe that is one of the things that Game Booster does. And I'm fairly certain that G-Boost did it like that.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, Nov 17 2016 1:49 PM

You don't understand what I mean Joe. Adding a website to your antivirus' trusted sites list means it will not scan any incoming traffic from that website.

You are talking about your antivirus running scheduled scans of the files on your PC whilst playing the game. If that is happening you just need to reschedule the scans, and disabling your antivirus at any time whilst connected to the internet is just plain daft!

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 7:38 AM

ScottHope:

You don't understand what I mean Joe. Adding a website to your antivirus' trusted sites list means it will not scan any incoming traffic from that website.

You are talking about your antivirus running scheduled scans of the files on your PC whilst playing the game. If that is happening you just need to reschedule the scans, and disabling your antivirus at any time whilst connected to the internet is just plain daft!

Scott, most all antivirus programs today, unless you have turned it off, by default are scanning your computer all the time, in the background.  A scheduled task would be to do a complete scan of your computer, starting at a specific time and day.  You also have the option of turning off the animation of your virus icon while it is scanning.

But most all are running scans in the background from the time your computer starts.  Not talking about scanning incoming files from the internet, but the files that are on your computer.  Check your options.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 7:44 AM

Thanks for that Gary. If the antivirus is scanning all the time, do we need to do any other scans at all?

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 8:35 AM

ScottHope:

Thanks for that Gary. If the antivirus is scanning all the time, do we need to do any other scans at all?

Yes.  Full scans check many other things.  Depends on which one you are using, root scans, network threats, deeper scans into files.

I use, and have for years, the free version of avast.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 8:43 AM

Cheers G. I use Kaspersky (because I have done for years and I now get it free from my bank).  : )

• PAGES
RSS