Forums

Help › Forums

New XP System

Sat, Feb 18 2023 12:54 AM (316 replies)
  • Als6437
    428 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 7:55 AM

pdb1:
    I guess I'm asking if the XP's at this point have anything to do with your amazing longevity ?

Paul,

Ed was just trying to point out that there is no bonus at 1750 days.  If you are unable to play a few holes a day, or a hole, or a shot then so what.  He was just trying to inform other members to what is what. It just sounds as though you are jealous other people have more consecutive days than you. The OP of this forum set this up so people will know when there are bonuses or not, which I find quite informative. It might not matter to some people but to others it does. 

Al

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 10:26 AM

I contacted WGT about the point values and consecutive days played. Nope, they don't know when the bonus points are given (I expected that answer but I had to ask). So if we don't report them as Ed did, we won't know.

I have 2 possible days coming up. 1,800 days in mid February, and 1,825 (or 1,826) by Mid March.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 12:22 PM

alosso:

Thanks, Ed.

Another confirmation for the impression (don't wanna go back for precision) that there's not much extra bonus between 1,000 and 2,000 days. No extra motivators issued by out hosts.

But, 6,000+ daily are quite a lot, and 20,000+ at 2,000 days are as well.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not 1,500 days gets any?

I do not have anyone within 3 months of that in The Peoples Club.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 1:12 PM

Paul:

pdb1:
      Ed . I gotta ask . At this point . What motivates your consecutive days played ? Is it just because you can ?

My streak started back on January 13th of 2013.  It started when I understood that levels for clubs (I was a Level 20 Amateur at the time) were just as important as the credits it took to buy them. So I made some spreadsheets and set the gears in motion to know exactly when I would be at the level to buy the clubs and how many credits per day I had to generate to be able to afford them. I made a plan all the way up to L91 (the top of the line clubs at the time) and has continued since. Dang, do you know how frustrating it was when I saw they had introduced a Level 103 R-1 driver and I was 4 months away????

To be brutally honest a secondary [maybe primary] motivation was that I was the newbie in The Peoples Club - joining it on the 5th of January of 2013. One of the senior members said she would gift me the L31 R-11 driver when I got to L31 - so by golly by gosh I had to get there ASAP!

So, to a certain extent the answer to your question currently Paul is indeed "Yes - it is just because I can." BUT by golly by gosh if WGT offers a super wedge set at Level 110 I do not want level 110 to be three years away instead of April 5th....

While at times I kind of did go out of my way that was not very often. One time I actually drove to a nearby coffee shop that I knew had wi-fi for the sole purpose of playing one hole for each of 2 days on my laptop, ordered a coffee and played one hole for each of 2 days and left without having a sip of coffee.

PS - I do not consider booking hotels that offer free wi-fi while on vacation going out of the way - if they do I can play one hole on either my laptop or my cell phone. Nor do I think booking a flight earlier in the day so you get in in time to play is really going that far out of the way. 

pdb1:

As a matter of fact now that I think about it . I'm  right on your trail .  

Not . 

At the moment I am at 4,424,255. personal XPs - many players have lots more. I have 1,964,305 CC XPs and  I am not in first place in our CC....

There is not any real motivation to get a level 19 CC up to level 20 sooner rather then later but even when playing one hole a day - I still use my free pass - why not?

Ed

PS On edit:

pdb1:
      If someone doesn't want to be put on the spot . I don't push it . I am sure Ed is fine with my post Al . 

Of course I am fine with your questions and I even answered them :-)

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 1:17 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

I contacted WGT about the point values and consecutive days played. Nope, they don't know when the bonus points are given (I expected that answer but I had to ask). So if we don't report them as Ed did, we won't know.

I have 2 possible days coming up. 1,800 days in mid February, and 1,825 (or 1,826) by Mid March.

I did not get them for my fourth consecutive year of CDP - no reason to suspect fifth would be any different....

• Als6437
    428 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 1:44 PM

EasyEdward:
    Has anyone confirmed whether or not 1,500 days gets any?

I will be at 1500 days on Feb. 13.  I will let you know on Feb. 11, since you can see a couple of days ahead.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2017 1:53 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    On day 2,000 I'll get XP and a BONUS totaling "over" 24,000 XP!

Yikes at my rate, as I only get to streak of 7 consecutive days (maximum) at any one time.........it would take my nearly two thirds of the year to get your single bonus on day 2,000!

I have no problem with that, but if new equipment is released at levels that players will never attain, then WGT will lose some of those players or simply miss out on sales/

I cannot help but think this was another idea that the "ideas" department did not think through thoroughly.......concept was fine....implementation flawed.

RSS