Forums

Help › Forums

**ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

Thu, Nov 9 2017 11:53 AM (258 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 6:15 AM

Well that sucks.  Good Luck to all in the Match play rounds.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 6:36 AM

Good luck to all!

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 6:37 AM

Could have a prelim round to get everyone in.  27 matches of 54 players.  The 27 winners then join the other 37 players to make the round of 64.  I think that works out anyway.

Just an idea.  If not and one of Andyson's closer friends has missed out, I'm happy to offer up my place.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 6:59 AM

This was all discussed and decided on by the community, everyone knew the format before the event began.

The draw has been made and the bracket has been generated, I'm not changing it now.

Look out for the new matchplay thread later today...

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:04 AM

PTrenter:

Could have a prelim round to get everyone in.  27 matches of 54 players.  The 27 winners then join the other 37 players to make the round of 64.  I think that works out anyway.

Just an idea.  If not and one of Andyson's closer friends has missed out, I'm happy to offer up my place.

I was thinking the same.. Although I admired Andysons work and talent we did not share spots on our friends list.

It was an honor to be able to play in this tourney as a tribute to him, but I will gladly give up my spot if one of his close friends would like to continue on in his memory.  

Edit.... I guess our posts crossed in the mail Paulton. I understand and will continue on as originally planned.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:10 AM

PaulTon:

This was all discussed and decided on by the community, everyone knew the format before the event began.

The draw has been made and the bracket has been generated, I'm not changing it now.

Look out for the new matchplay thread later today...

I realise this Paul and have no issue with it. Just wanted to share my sentiments, not trying to change things. Apologies, if I came across differently.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:13 AM

I'm sure some of Andyson's friends feel they should be in the next round but it was always clear that the draw would be random, not based on who played best or was a friend.

He gave help and entertainment to each and everyone, not just friends.  The memorial tournament is being run along the same lines.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:19 AM

Ah well, i didnt make the cut., But i am chuffed this competition has taken place anyways. Im sure Andyson would be asking questions (you all know Dennis, he would have the whole net searched for answers, lol) if the format was changed, so im very happy with my lot.

Just wanted to say huge thank you to all who where involved in getting this going, and my best wishes for those going forward, good luck folks.

And thanks mKrizan for metioning me in there, im honoured also that somebody thought of me like that in this tourny of tournies. Cheers mate.

Again folks, huge shout out to you all, its been an honour. 

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:22 AM

Purely the luck of the draw... or not in this case.

Can I put myself forward as "#1 stand-by" ???

Just in case one of those through suddenly disappears under mysterious circumstances... how much is a return train ticket to Greenock these days?

PaulTon... forever pissing on my cornflakes (He'll get it).  ;-)

Good luck to all that remain.

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:44 AM

WigerToods2010:

Purely the luck of the draw... or not in this case.

Can I put myself forward as "#1 stand-by" ???

Just in case one of those through suddenly disappears under mysterious circumstances... how much is a return train ticket to Greenock these days?

PaulTon... forever pissing on my cornflakes (He'll get it).  ;-)

Good luck to all that remain.

Based on a suggestion I made to the tournament organiser....for those willing.....I've created Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket) for the unlucky few. Details are here: Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket)

RSS