Forums

Help › Forums

Green Speeds

Sun, Jan 21 2024 10:46 AM (25 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:25 AM

@IJACK21

What you have posted is complete drivel from top to bottom and I would advise you remove your post.

One, because there just might be a new player who reads it and think it correct to follow.

Two, because you have made yourself a laughing stock by posting something so ridiculously wrong.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 2:26 AM

I don't thnk this is Jacks formula as it looks like it has been copied from somewhere. 

So do not be discouraged but there is very good advice in this thread so learn and move on.

Most of all, enjoy the game.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 2:41 AM

You may well be right Alan but all the same, anything informative or instructional posted in forums anywhere, should be checked, double checked and even treble checked to ensure it is factually sound.

Key though as you said is to enjoy the game and have fun. All the maths, calcs, slide rules and theorizing are all well and good but if you don't enjoy the game........

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 3:17 AM

You have to remember a lot of posts are speculative and not necessarily factual. From those opinions one can then formulate what best works for you based on those and will often be trial and error.

All the maths and calculations etc..........would be enough to turn me off. Quick mental calculations is as scientific as I get lol.

I play for fun and relaxation, not to feel like I am doing a master's in physics!

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 7:10 AM

IJACK21:
    This is simple and has always worked for me....

Not according to your stats.

Using the stats, I'm a much better putter than you. ... And I suck at putting.  

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 11:01 AM

MalleeHacka:

Y46,

I've downloaded the spreadsheet, but when I open it I get several error messages about the workbook containing automatic links to other workbooks - any ideas?

I've had a go with it after some adjustment and it seems to work really well if the putt elevation is positive. If it's a negative elevation the workbook won't accept the figure with the minus sign in front of it as it seems to read it as an extension to the formula in the 'Elevation' cell - B4

Where to from here.

Cheers - Malleehacka

Try to re-download it.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:39 PM

Young46:

This may help you.

Great video and help with the green speeds. 

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 2:40 PM

Some may like this one

Get The GS Wind/Putting  Calculator

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:47 AM

garypinhunter:

Great video and help with the green speeds. 

Thanks Gary.

• tomcody1970
    1,111 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2016 2:25 PM

igolfdoyou1:

Ultra Fast 5 - 6 for 10 ft        Champion Speed hit 7 ft for 10 feet     T

Tourney  hit 8 ft for 10ft        Very Fast hit 9 ft for 10ft                     

Fast hit 10ft for 10 ft             Standard hit 11.5 ft for 10ft

Slow hit 12.5 ft for 10f           Super Slow 18 ft for  every 10 ft

Extremely slow 3.0 for 1 foot

This works for me

RSS