Forums

Help › Forums

low scores and quitters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 16 2011 5:07 AM (25 replies)
  • greenrod
    24 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2011 10:47 PM

Realistically, how the hell can one have an avg. in the 50's? I a'int seen anyone that good here. All these "legends," I never see. Must play with themselves a lot, golf too. As for the anal openings who play to quit, leave the site, go to POGO where your type is appreciated.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2011 9:20 PM

Hmmmmm.....been here a month and you know it all already.....you can quit now if you like. Until you hang around for a bit and see what the heck is going on.....you should reserve your  comments. There are a lot of good players here and yes we do shoot in the 50,s from time to time......maybe Tiger Woods 2011 is more to your liking.

Capp

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2011 12:01 AM

greenrod:
    Realistically, how the hell can one have an avg. in the 50's? I a'int seen anyone that good here. All these "legends," I never see. Must play with themselves a lot, golf too. As for the anal openings who play to quit, leave the site, go to POGO where your type is appreciated.

You never see , because they don`t play with tour pro`s. 

players in the early 60`s late 50`s play 90% RG & CC tournaments or MP the other 10% of the time play with there friend list or players they no (that why you don`t see them)

The reason players have low averages because of there putting any putt is in the hole from any part of the green 20ft are tap in birds & all will have 1 putt per hole averages over 60%

You may wan`t to change your comments as a few posts behind mine may be more aggressive with there words & comments... 

• greenrod
    24 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2011 10:18 PM

I know what I see. It doesn't take a long time to see how fickle these people are. One or two bad shots and these players run like the wind. Stick up for them if you like, most folks have their eyes open and they see what I have seen. Read the comments. I'll play any of you 50's ghosts anytime. Let's play Oakmont.............I wanna see par. Won't happen writing about it.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:14 AM

One reason a lot of player might quit on you is your attitude. If you chat to them like you are posting here many would quit on you. I never quit and I wouldn't stay around and listen to your garbage. 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:24 AM

I got my money on the ''Tour Pro'' quitting before the round has finished.

Braking par 18 holes Oakmont lol more like braking 60 is the challenge 

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:12 AM

Sting's right. Be a nice person in chat and only play with friends.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:20 AM

greenrod:
    Realistically, how the hell can one have an avg. in the 50's?

Very simple ....IT'S NOT AN AVERAGE ANYMORE.   It would be nice if people would realize that fact.

FWIW, that "average" has NEVER  been an average. Before Sept. '10, it was an average of the best 10 rounds of your last 14. At best, that was only an indication of who was hot or not. At it's worst, it was just way too easy to manipulate to keep an artificially high or low average for sandbagging or ego inflating.

It's even less of an average now, however...except for a short period after you advance a tier. When you move up from say, Tour Pro to Master,  that average will go up & down until you've played  X number of rounds( each tier has a different minimum). After that, it will ONLY go down.

Take me, for example.  Last Sept, when WGT changed things up, I was a Tour Master with an "average" around 67 or so ( 2 weeks sooner, and I might have been a Legend).  Today it's 61.76. I'm no closer to averaging a score of 62 than I was 7 months ago. My REAL average is probably right at that 66/67/68 mark .... has been for a long, long time.

Here is why my 61.76 makes me laugh .....I'm closing in on 4000 ranked rounds. Of those, my best 9 hole round was a 26(twice) and I can still count sub-30 rounds on my fingers. My best 18 hole round was a 58 - from the red tees with Master equipment. From my normal blue tees, I shot a 62...one time.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 1:45 PM

Absolutely right Jeff! Just moved to master and i think my average was 62-63ish. My best round is 64 i believe. I think we need to go back to true averages. 

THE HAWK

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 8:20 PM

The reason WGT keeps the averages the way they are, is to force you to level up, thus forcing you to buy new equipment.

RSS