Forums

Help › Forums

How to Tier up - solved

Mon, Mar 27 2023 6:32 AM (27 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Mar 22 2023 10:52 PM

If you haven't moved into the "regular" progression involving ranked rounds, then I think, in addition to the exp and winning rounds mentioned above, it also matters that you win against people who are in a tier higher than yours.

I do my best to help mobile Tour Pros, Masters, Tour Masters, and Legends who are above level 100 (thus with access to most of the best equipment) tier up by letting them beat me.

Come one, come all, lol!

• Gepetto1958
    4,218 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 2:03 AM

Clear explanation.Dame + clear sentences, therefore. Cheer. for your punctuation. perfect. J, p ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 2:28 AM

Gepetto1958:

Clear explanation.Dame + clear sentences, therefore. Cheer. for your punctuation. perfect. J, p ;-)

:-)

To add a little, for the early tiers you can also be promoted by level.  I think it's at L20 you become amateur, L35 pro and L50 TP.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 10:47 AM

I feel compelled to correct some misinformation here.

pdb1:

This is for the many Mobile/Coin players only . Players that have little to no ranked rounds played .

For these players . Ranked rounds should not be played . As a certain number of ranked rounds will deactivate the Mobile/Coin algorythm . Rendering the players unable to progress with that algorythm .

If/when that happens . They then must use the WGT.com protocol algorythm to progress from then on . ( chart above ).

Although I think Paul has no ill intent in stating the above, it is not true.  The truth is that both the ranked-round algorithm (as listed in the above chart) and the coin-room algorithm (whose details are unknown to us) are always in effect for all players.  There is no deactivation of one algorithm or the other based on what types of games you play or how many of each.

AlaskanDame:
    I do my best to help mobile Tour Pros, Masters, Tour Masters, and Legends who are above level 100 (thus with access to most of the best equipment) tier up by letting them beat me.

Beating a higher-tiered player in match play only helps you tier up if you are below Legend tier.  It does not help Legends tier up.  THIS POST discusses the details of how it works.

Hope this helps.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 11:56 AM

SamSpayed:

I feel compelled to correct some misinformation here.

AlaskanDame:

Beating a higher-tiered player in match play only helps you tier up if you are below Legend tier.  It does not help Legends tier up.  THIS POST discusses the details of how it works.

Hope this helps.

I meant to refer only to coin rooms, not Match play.  Since we (and WGT) don’t really know how coin room players tier up, would you surmise still that your comment is the Same as to Legends there?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 12:30 PM

AlaskanDame:
    I meant to refer only to coin rooms, not Match play.  Since we (and WGT) don’t really know how coin room players tier up, would you surmise still that your comment is the Same as to Legends there?

Sorry.  I didn't realize you were only referring to coin rooms.  Since the details of the coin room algorithm are unknown, it's certainly possible that all players below Tour Champion can help themselves tier up by beating higher-tiered players in coin rooms.

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Thu, Mar 23 2023 1:34 PM
    This post has been deleted.
RSS